Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hills, Chats, Fires, Rumbi's, Fro Yo....The Start of Something New!

Before I continue my story I have to make a correction. I suppose. Kohn insists anyway.

According to Kohn...on that second day of work he didn't stop me. I was at the schedule board and I stopped myself. (Well yeah, I had to see if I was working the next day!) But he does admit that he was at the schedule board a little longer than he needed to be hoping that I would come out so he could talk to me. So really, if I wouldn't have stopped, he would've stopped me! ;)

Now, to continue my story...

May 17, 2011, 10:10 a.m. My phone rings. Kohn was lost. It's not like it's that hard to get to my house anyway! When I say it's in the middle of a field, I mean it. He finally found my house and we were on our way! I was all geared up and ready to go. Got my shox, got my knee brace, got my under armor (because of course it was cold), I even had on my watch to time us. I was prepared. Ehhhh. Not so much. You see, Kohn had been telling me how terrible this was going to be because he never ran, so he was sure he was going to die. Let me tell you....Kohn could run a FULL marathon without training a single day and be just fine, I know it.

We parked the car at the West Side track and were on our way. I had to keep telling him to slow his pace down before we actually got to the hills or he really would die. His "slow" is definitely not my "slow". "Oh well, he'll just die when we get to the hills and I'll be able to say told ya so." Haha oh my, what was I thinking? I feel like he even got faster as he went up the hills!

"Okay whoa Kohn, stop!!! My knee is absolutely killing me. I need to walk it off for a minute." Bad idea Haley, bad idea. Once I stopped to give my knee some recovery there was no way I was going to start running again on that steep slant....wayyyyy to be. He probably thought I was lame sauce. Oh well. He still loves me doesn't he? :) We ended up hiking to the WS. I think I prefer it this way instead though. Why? Well, because for one I was able to speak. If I had been running there is no way on this earth I would have been able to catch a breath to say a single word! We talked the whole way up, never an awkward silence or anything. And that wasn't all, we stood on top of the WS for over an hour, just talking about life! And no, it wasn't any normal conversation about life like "I like to run, I want to be a teacher one day, blah, blah, blah" it was DEEP stuff. Spiritual experiences, doubts we'd had in life, highs in life, everything that you may not even tell your best friend. The whole time we were talking we were freezing. But neither of us wanted to go so we braved the cold. And for those of you that know me, braving the cold is a big deal. I CANNOT stand the cold and I will do just about anything to avoid it. So I must really like him yeah? :)

We finally made our way back down the mountain. I was disappointed because I thought the date was coming to an end. Oh no. He asked if I wanted to get some lunch. Of course I said yes. We started our journey towards Logan. Our deep talks continued on. Kohn was getting super into a story when all of a sudden..."Whoa! That house was on fire!" He then SLAMMED on the breaks, flipped a u-turn, and pulled into the house. "Kohn, that's the chimney smoke, no worries." He didn't believe me, he insisted it was on a fire, there was "wayyyy" too much smoke for it to just be from the chimney. The owner was outside his house and had a quizzical look on his face as Kohn pulled up.

"Sir, I think your house is on fire!"

"No, that's just the chimney smoke....."

Hahahaha told you so! Maybe one day he'll learn to listen to me. After the awkwardness of the moment we continued on to Logan. We decided to get lunch at Rumbi's Grill....my favorite! We got our rice bowls, sat down, and continued talking. It was our first date so I didn't think he'd ask me too many tough questions.....ha. Kohn does not work that way. He asked me what kind of guy I wanted to marry!!!! I love answering this question when I'm discussing it with my girl friends, but I absolutely hate it when a guy asks me! Sometimes I feel obligated to at least name one of the traits that the guy asking has. Don't ask me why, I just do. But this time, it was different. I started listing off all the qualities I'd written half a million times in YW lessons, and I just kept going. But then I stopped and realized I was describing Kohn. And he had a smug look on his face. I was not purposefully describing him, it just happened! Then to be polite, I asked him the same question. But of course about a wife ;) and let's be honest...he described me just a bit! Wahooooo! :)

After Rumbi's we moved right along next door to Twizlberry to get some frozen yogurt, fro yo! My second favorite! We sat and had more deep conversation and it was just fantastic! I wish I could write what some of those conversations were but honestly, the day was just so amazing, so...not a day I'd had before, that it was just like a dream, and all I really remember is that I loved every second of it! But of course, I do remember the door step.

He walked me up to the door and then...neither of us knew what to do. Here he was, a fresh RM who hadn't touched a girl for a good 2 years, and there I was, just super shy and like a little school girl all over again!

"Well thanks for the day. I had so much fun."

"Yeah, me too. Thanks for driving so much."---really? That's all I had to say?

"Well...see you at work tomorrow."

"Yeah, see ya."

And that was that. No hug, no hand shake, no nothing. So....I started to freak. I over analyzed EVERYTHING. Andria even came down to my house to talk to me about it because I was being ridiculous! He thought I was weird, he thought I told him too much about my life, he was going to try to avoid me at work all the time now. That's what I thought. BUT---he has informed me in the time that we've dated since then that he wanted to give me a hug, but my body language made it seem like I absolutely did not want a hug. Unfortunately I can totally see where he was coming from. My arms were folded....I WAS COLD. Whoops :) haha.

But it didn't matter. He didn't avoid me the next day at work, he loved that I'd been so open with him, and he even wanted me to be even more open with him! Oh and he didn't think I was weird. He might now, but hey, he's stuck with me forever! ;) And that was the day that led to many more dates, many more deep discussions, and some door step scenes that didn't end quite so tragically! :)

The WS date was on Tuesday, and we went on a date everyday after that day that week! And I don't think we've spent a day apart since, other than lately because of school and work and....reality!

I'll blog about the dates following the WS date when I'm not so swamped with work and homework and wedding planning...or maybe when I feel like staying up late, because let's face it...I'm going to be swamped for a long time!

More to come....SOOOOON! :)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment