Monday, December 23, 2013

2 weeks under our belt...

We took little man to his 2 week appointment today and he's definitely eating enough! I was a little (okay--a lot) concerned about his eating when we first brought him home! He was 6 lbs 14 oz when he was born, 6 lbs 8 oz at discharge and at his 2 week appointment today was 8 lbs 5 oz. Oinker! The doctors told us in the hospital that the goal was to have him back at his birth weight at his 2 week appointment....definitely passed that! He's a funny guy! And he loves his food! If he doesn't get it when he wants it you hear alllll about it! ;)

So Nixon is quite the champ-he's really only waking up once in the dead of night. Granted he goes to bed pretty late and wakes up pretty early...it's still nice that the weird hours of the morning are only disturbed once (or twice) depends on the night. What I'm really trying to say is nights are getting easier---or we're just getting used to them more. Whichever works.

He's definitely staying awake a lot more during the day than when he first came home! We're getting really excited for that little personality to start shining through! We can already tell he's a stubborn one (unfortunately he did get that from me) but we can't wait to see what other quirks he has!

At first sight everyone says he looks like a mini Kohn---but I beg to differ ;) we pulled out my newborn picture and he has my mouth. And regardless of what aunts and uncles will say I don't mean that he has a big mouth (though he does have a lot to say when he's mad) but he has my mouth shape. And last night when I was holding him after his bath he was just looking up at me with the widest eyes and I swear to you it looked like my dads face on a baby...Kohn could see it too. It totally threw me off guard! So see---he got some Nielsen genes too :) though yes-the Thedell genes are strong!

It's funny what we get excited about. When he has a good poopy diaper we are the proudest parents, when he has a nice big burp we are again the proudest parents. And when he has a wet diaper we are also proud---but most the time he doesn't decide to pee until his diaper is off...I had to change his clothes 3 times the other day because he peed all over his shirt. And then it whizzes past his shirt and right into his face. I've gotten to the point where I just stick my hand over his unit and let him pee in my hand. Is that gross? Because I don't get grossed out about it anymore-I guess that's just part of being a mom.

I like bragging about my boy-I am a proud momma that is for sure!

He loves to hold daddy's hand!

This is definitely his favorite way to sleep! (Both of them)

We just had to meet Santa! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment