Saturday, October 15, 2011

Can I get your number with the area code first, please?

Did you know....when I was running on the treadmill the other day and I hit the speed up button I knew that the console was sending a 5 voltage d/c signal to the motor controller through the blue wire...if I needed to adjust my  running belt I could with no problem and know exactly which way to turn each bolt? Yeaaaaaahh.I'm pretty much a treadmill professional.....or not so much.

 Almost everything that they say in training for my new job is just a little bit confusing for my peewee brain. In one ear, out the other. Everyone keeps saying it will get better...all I know is they better be right, or I'm not making it past the 2 month probation period! ;)

So, what exactly is my job? I don't think I ever quite said. Well, when I took the job, my understanding of it was that I'll be answering phone calls and assisting ICON customers...I might have heard the word troubleshooting a couple of times but didn't realize how intense that word was! Now that I've been in training for a week my new understanding of the job is...I'm pretty much a little technician that angry customers can speak to over the phone. I've gotta know all the nitty gritty about the treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, etc....and help customers figure out what is wrong with their machine, and figure out the diagnosis. All over the phone. Phone conversations are hard as it is. Oh well, I will succeed....I've still got 3 days of training before I'm on the phone by myself...oh my, I didn't realize how little time that was until now :/ wish me luck!

Anyways....enough about that. So. Um. 20 days til I get to marry the love of my life! Those 20 days are just going to fly! Being super busy, and always trying to fit time in for everything, there's no way the time could go slow! The closer it gets the more real it seems. It's just starting to become real? Really Haley? Well...yeah. Only because the past months I've felt like I was just in a little fairy-tale. Ya know, with my prince charming and all! But it's like...the other day I bought my temple clothing and my garments...buying that stuff made it seem more real than anything has so far. Even more real than when I bought my wedding dress!

Today we are doing bridals. We are doing the whole "Black Tie Session" which is indeed the ones where the groom comes along with me. Some people are against it because he's not supposed to see my dress til our wedding day, but let's face it, November 5th is more than likely going to be a bit too chilly for my liking. So if we could just have to worry about group pictures and what not at the temple and not worry about spending an extra hour out there doing Kohn and I, then I am definitely going for it!

So we'll just be doing bridals around the temple today, and from some places where you can see the temple in the background, like a parking garage at USU. I'm soooo excited! It definitely helps that our photographer is awesome! Which reminds me, I got the engagement pictures up...on Facebook...the CD wouldn't play on my computer, so we just added them from my parents computer. I'll have to see if I can add them here from facebook....hmmm....

Alright, so it would take me 10 million years to add all the pictures the way I added this one, so I'll just share this one. Which is definitely my favorite! However, we didn't use it on our announcement. Odd. Oh well, it's going to be blown up into a big frame at the reception :)

Holy goodness, I'm ecstatic! And life is good, even if my job scares me! I'm starting to manage my time better, so maybe I'll be able to post here a little bit more. But, who am I kidding, once I get married I probably won't have a lot of time to post so much. We've already got boxes and bags and tons of things all over our apartment that we just don't know what to do with! Let's just say I've been spoiled at bridal showers so far...and there's still more to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment