Monday, October 17, 2011

I know a Mormon boy, he is my pride and joy....

I usually start a post with a title set and what I want to say pretty much lined out...but not this time. This time I just got on to write a post because I wanted to write. Well, mainly I wanted to brag about how amazing my wonderful fiance is! :)

He has made me so happy from day one! But just recently I've been realizing all over again just how lucky I am, how blessed I am! There are a million and ten things about Kohn that just make me smile the biggest, cheesiest smile!

Kohn is one of the most thoughtful people you will ever meet, he puts his best foot forward to make sure EVERYONE feels good about themselves. And that's only one of the many reasons that I love him. But obviously, there are many more! Here's just a FEW great things....

So I've recently started my new job, and let's be honest, it's not easy. Training is a week and a half, and we're down to 2 days left. Well, towards the end of last week I was starting to freak out a little bit, well a lot bit. I'll admit, I cried some. BECAUSE I am nervous and sorta stressing about everything in the world right now. I don't know much about the mechanics of treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, etc....and that's what I'm supposed to know. But of course, that's what the training is for. Well one day in particular, the training wasn't exactly making very much sense to me, AT ALL, and Kohn came and saw me on one of my breaks. To sum it up: he asked how it was going, and of course the tears started to emerge. He got this concerned look on his face, seriously the most sincere thing. Then he started saying things that made me feel like I was going to be the best at this job. That's how he is with everything though, he makes me feel like numero uno!

Also, Saturday was bridals! Yay! They were lots of fun, the weather was perfect, and Kohn looked super snazzy! :) My dress has a looooooong train and it's pretty great fun. Well Kohn was the sweetest little guy and carried it around for the hour and a half we were doing pictures! And he made me feel beauuutiful! He was pretty much pounding it in my head, which is great of him because I struggle to believe it myself some times. He always makes me feel beautiful though, even when I'm in his big sweats with no make up. Oh I love him!

Sunday Kohn spoke in church. He did AMAZING and made his mom and myself tear up. After he was done his mom leaned over to me and asked if I was ready to be a bishop's wife soon. Well...I better be. In fact, I'm the next Sister Monson ;)

I have some silly concerns in life and sometimes just need  to talk about them and vent. And when I have these moments I do not shut up. Sometimes I think I'm driving Kohn crazy, especially after I've finished one rant 20 minutes later. But he just smiles at me, adds his two cents, then gives me a sweet kiss and tells me he loves me. I can talk to him about anything, thank goodness, because it's supposed to be that way. But, I never hesitate and wonder if he'll be upset...even if I know he'll be upset I still go for it ;) haha that's just how comfortable we are with each other. He's my best friend.

At my last bridal shower I got SPOILED. We got a TON of incredible things and I think we are going to be pretty well off for the beginning of our marriage! One thing I got was a bedside table from my momma and sisterssss! Kohn had to assemble it. So, I did homework and he put it together. He is such a perfectionist, it's precious. He put a little, itty bitty "scrape type thing" in the wood, but it's covered now with another piece of wood. But he was upset with himself. I told him it was okay, it was just going in our room, I couldn't see it anyway and it looked great. But then he proceeded to tell me that if he had been putting it together just for himself he wouldn't have cared so much, but since he was doing it for me it was a big deal. Because he wanted it to be perfect for me....how did I get so lucky?

Kohn keeps me in line. ALL the time. When we were doing bridals our dear mothers were there, and of course while we were taking pictures they were doing their thing and talking about us, the wedding, all that good stuff. My mom mentioned how Kohn is so good for me because sometimes I stress a little too much, I'll admit it, it's true, but Kohn is able to calm me down. I never thought much of it but now that I do think of it, that is soooo true. I freak out about things I have no control over, and then Kohn reminds me that I have no control over it, and I instantly feel better. Lots of other people have said that same thing to me before, and it's never worked. I guess just the fact that it's coming from Kohn makes it work.

He also keeps me in line as far as money is concerned. Let's just say if it wasn't for him we would probably be poor like a week into our marriage. Because I'm not smart when it comes to saving/spending/whatevs...maybe he'll rub off on me one day! :)


Kohn is such a great sport! We were looking through mission pictures yesterday and there are so many great pictures with him and a bunch of little kids. One of my very favorites though was one where he had like 3 little girls around him, doing his hair and make up :) he looked very beautiful! Also, one Sunday we were at his house and his nieces were there. I don't really remember what brought it on, but Kohn got his toenails painted bright pink and bright purple. Not only his toenails, but his toes too. They also looked beautiful as well! Then, on Saturday, before bridals I wanted to get a pedicure and get my nails done. So Kohn came with me. He sat by my side and got a pedicure too, and got a manicure. It was fun to do with him! And he is still very manly! ;)        



   What an amazing man I am marrying! I truly am the luckiest girl in the entire world! I am excited to spend forever and always with him, starting in like 18.5 days! :) There are so many experiences to have and I'm excited to experience them all with my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment