Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am thankful for....chicken?

Alright, I'm braggin. Spanish Chicken-turned out DELISH! The White Chicken Chili---also quite fabulous! And the meal last night...Poppyseed Chicken, fluff (a mandarin orange salad), veggies, and rolls...fantastic! I think we like chicken. Haha just a lot! It's Friday now soooo, it's date night! So my dear husband is going to treat me to a delicious dinner at Rumbi's, which is a favorite memory and favorite food place if you all remember! First date, delicious food....mmmmhmmm.! Excited to go back! :)

Wanna know what else is exciting?! Okay, I'll tell ya! Next semester I only need to take 5 classes...and then I should be good to go to graduate with my associates degree in April! :) yessss! And then...well I won't bring up what the options after that are until a few things do or don't happen. Just cross your fingers that they do happen, and maybe say a lil prayer for me. Please and thanks :)

Homework is a drag. And to just make it even better...I was getting ready to do my science lab, that is due tonight, at 11. But then I pulled it up and it wasn't downloadable or anything like that, and instructions said to print it and then scan it and submit the copy in the assignments tab...well folks, we don't have a printer! Isn't this just dandy? Maybe I'll just take the grade cut...ugh. How inconvenient. Plus, I am in the "computer room" while Kohn is out at the kitchen table studying his little heart out. This is not fair, I just want to be spending a good Friday evening with him! Oh well, we are leaving for dinner at 7! I can make it!

Next week is Thanksgiving, and I am excited for all the pumpkin goodness that is coming my way! I love pumpkin! Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin shakes, and there's a pumpkin ice cream that is a seasonal thing I guess? Count me in! That's definitely something I've got to try! But my point of bringing up pumpkins...begins with Thanksgiving. And I just wanted to make a list of some of the things that I'm thankful for. So here goes!

Thankful for #1: My incredible husband, Kohn! He is my rock. He helps me keep my chin up and stay positive when times are tough. He makes me feel like the most important person in the world. I am a stubborn person. If Kohn and I have a little misunderstanding he is always the first one to say sorry. He always fixes things and he is amazing. He is my best friend. And I am thankful I get to be with him for forever.
Thankful for #2: My daddio. Dad knows best. Being stubborn I never admitted it before, but I have learned through the years that my dad has been led by the spirit as he has raised my siblings and I. I can always tell when my dad is proud of me. And I am thankful I have known many times in my life that he is. I am grateful for his love and that he is so understanding and has always loved me even though I haven't quite been a perfect child! I love my dad!
Thankful for #3: My mamma! I can always talk to mom! If something is wrong, I know what number to call! I have always been able to tell her about sad times in my life, when someone has let me down, or I've let myself down, or anything...and she always listens and says the right things. I've also been able to talk to her about happy times and she always shows such excitement and makes me even more excited about what I'm telling her! My mom always helps me when I am in need. I love my mom!
Thankful for #4: Pappa Don & Mamma Kohn (Jean)...in other words, my parents-in-law, parent-in-laws...? You get the point! They were so accepting and welcoming as soon as Kohn and I started dating! There was never any contention with the "girlfriend and parents" that most people hear about! And that really was a huge blessing to me! I'm thankful for the teasing I receive from Don about my food touching and other things like being from Idaho. I really do love the teasing, it makes me feel more like family! I'm thankful Jean is always there to have a good conversation with and can make anyone feel comfortable. I'm thankful that although Kohn was only home from his mission for a little over a month when we met that they still support us and have been here for us! I love dad and mom #2!
Thankful for #5: Meagan, David, Angela, Rikki, JR, Shawn, Shannon, and Brad: I am so thankful for all my siblings! For my siblings I grew up with and for the good times we've had! For the deep conversations that I've been able to have with each of them, whether they are long or short or happen often or not. I am thankful that I always know I have a friend in them! For my new sisters, Angela and Shannon. For both being as involved as they were with my wedding and that they both threw awesome bridal showers for me! I'm thankful that I have more sisters in my life! I'm thankful for the many meals both of them have been so willing to feed me, I feel like I've taken a good majority of both their food ;) I also am grateful that Shannon is giving me a new niece and Angela is giving me either a niece or nephew...or both? ;) I am thankful for my new brothers, JR, Shawn, and Brad. Like Don, they have all had a good share of teasing me. It's always about the food. I am thankful that they have been so fun and have vandalized our car and our apartment...haha. I am thankful that they have been good examples to Kohn and have been examples for him to follow! I love all my siblings!
Thankful for #6: Alijah, Cole, Hallie, Breklyn, Baby Ward, and Baby Nielsen. I love kids so I am so thankful that I have these fun nieces and nephew! They always give me a good laugh and they make me feel super loved with their sweet little hugs. I am thankful that they were such good sports the day of our wedding and braved the cold to take pictures in their cute outfits! They were all freezing so it meant a lot to get the cute pictures we did with them! I am thankful that I get to be their aunt! I love my nieces and nephew!
Thankful for #7: My grandparents! I am thankful for all Grandma and Grandpa Turnbow do for Kohn and I! I am grateful that we are able to rent our apartment because of them! I am grateful that they got to be working in the session I was in to receive my endowments! I am thankful for their wonderful example in serving a mission and making me want to go on one with Kohn when we are able to do so! I am thankful for the support they have always shown me. I am thankful for the wonderful examples my Grandpa and Grandma Nielsen were to me. I'm thankful for the spunk Grandma had and that my Grandpa was a good example of strength! I'm thankful for how they raised my dad to be! For Grandpa and Grandma Thedell, for coming to celebrate our special wedding day with us! For Grandpa and Grandma McMurdie. That Grandpa was such a wonderful example for Kohn and that Grandma is being sooo strong right now! I love them all!
Thankful for #8: All my aunties and uncles and cousins! For...being such AMAZING decorators for my reception, for coming through my line at the reception a couple times to give me lots of hugs, for putting the wedding video together, for traveling a few hours to be with me on my special day, for still fitting me in with football ;) For all the hugs that they think I don't enjoy, for the teasing I get from them as well, and for their smiling faces! And especially for being my friends for 19 years! I know they love me and I definitely love them all so much!
Thankful for #9: My best fwends! I love all the laughs I've shared with every single one of them and I've loved just having good times and being able to relax with them! I'm grateful Andria was soooo amazing for our wedding! That girl did a great job helping out at the reception! And she even wore our wedding colors :) She's been my best friend since diapers, sometimes the...well I'll let her finish that sentence ;) she's been there for me through it ALL! And she still loves me even though I've had some episodes! Nicole Mathews Erickson! What a gem! We've only really known each other at a friendship level for a little over a year but I love her so much! She was my roommate during Winter 2011 semester and I love her! We always had good laughs and she was always there to talk to as well! We've had some good conversations since we've both been married and no longer able to live together anymore, and we will continue to do so! I can pretty much talk to her about anything! She is so funny and just the sweetest! She always said the right things! I have a ton of incredible friends and I love them all the same! :)

Okay...so I'm thankful for sooooo many other things too, but this would be mega super long if I continued to write them all down! So just to shorten it...here's a few more things: health, good weather, heaters, deodorant, tooth paste, gum, time, my Savior, my religion, and the Atonement. I am so thankful for the sacrifices made in my behalf. There are tons of things to be thankful for! And I'm thankful for it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment