Thursday, November 3, 2011

Marriage is what gathers us togetha...Saturday :)

That's right, folks. The time is FINALLY here! I have to say, it felt like it took 10 million years, but now I'm wondering where in the world the time went! I guess that's how most things turn out though, huh?

I went to the temple to receive my endowments October 29. Wowwwww. It was, well....I don't know how to describe it. But it's a good thing! I am so happy that I get to spend eternity with Kohn by my side! :)

I have to say, starting my job at ICON was definitely a blessing in disguise. It has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father. How so? Well I would pray for Him to be with me every morning before I got out of my car and walked up those painfully long stairs. And now, I can do my job just fine, but still feel like something is missing when I don't start my day off with that little prayer before my day really begins. So I always start with that personal prayer. Let me tell you a story that goes with this....

Last week I got off about a half hour early one day cause there wasn't too many calls coming in. So, before I went to work, I made sure to say a special prayer, and maybe asked to possibly get off work early :) Well that didn't happen, oh no, Heavenly Father had better things in store for me. My original days off of work for the upcoming days were Friday, Saturday, and Monday. Well...I come back from one of my 15 minute breaks and my boss just randomly tells me I'm not working tomorrow (Thursday). I was really confused and she just casually proceeded to tell me that she wanted me to have the time I needed to get ready for my wedding so I wasn't working. Ooooh yeah, that's LOTS better than getting off a half hour early! So you see, had this not happened I would be finishing up at work right now. Instead I have been able to get almost all my homework done that's due up til next Wednesday! Just two more assignments! Heavenly Father watches out for us...we just have to let Him in.

I'm about to get crackin' on my packin' and cleaning of the apartment. I'm loving it, I'm able to get a lot accomplished and still find time to do some quality blogging! Tomorrow will be fun! All day long is devoted to preparation for Saturday, the day I marry my best friend! So I'm so super glad that within the next couple hours school disappears for a couple days! :)

Oh, so Kohn came over for lunch today. We booked a trip to Kentucky for the week before Christmas. Kentucky is where Kohn went on his mission! He's pretty excited to see people again and I'm excited to get to meet all these wonderful people he has told me about! :) Anyways, when Kohn left to go back to work that  was good-bye until we see each other at the temple on Saturday!!! That fact makes it seem like Saturday will never get here, but it will! It's just crazy stuff! And I can't believe it's here! I'm staying at my parents house on Friday night, so tonight is my last night sleeping in this apartment as a single woman! Haha. Crazy.

I'm preparing myself for how weird it will be when I don't have to kick Kohn out at nights, or when we don't have to keep the door wide open, but I don't think there's any way to really prepare for that. I'm just ready to embrace the weirdness of it all! I'm about to dive into a brand new lifestyle, one of which I have no idea of what all to expect, but I'm excited to dive into it with my best friend! :)

 Here's to our never ending journey of eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment