Thursday, December 29, 2011

NEW year, NEW goals, NEW, NEW, NEW!

Alright, so I know some people hate the whole idea of new year resolutions...because they all say that we should be able to make a change when it is needed rather than wait for the new year! Okay, I completely agree with this. But having something like a NEW year is a nice good kick in the butt to get moving and making things happen! So I'm excited to make my list of resolutions! If it was the middle of July and I was realizing these changes needed to happen, then I would start to make them happen then, but I'm realizing it now, and the new year is right around the corner. Perfection.

Recently my friend, Haley Larson, started a blog. She got this cute idea from pinterest! Something about 365 things you're thankful for! So...I kinda really liked the idea and am gonna see if it's possible for me to do it too! The goal here is to write a blog post every day, and each day include something new that I'm thankful for! I'm pretty excited to get it started! I already know what day #1 will be all about! ;)

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now, like there are a lot of things that need some serious reconstruction in my life. But...with the help of my wonderful husband I know we'll be able to get an organized list all put together and work towards one thing at a time, making it seem not so overwhelming! And it'll all happen! I'm hoping to get the list put together either tonight or tomorrow, or even Saturday! Just before Sunday rolls around! Here's just a brief preview....:

1. Lose the wedding weight. Seriously. It is no lie that you get comfortable living with your husband and sort of just let yourself go. Sort of like the freshman 15 is no lie either. Promise. I haven't gained a ton, but I am not where I want to be. So, all I'm saying is I want to make a healthy goal to reach my ideal weight, what I was when I graduated---110. And that's fine, because I really didn't graduate that long ago! Haha ;) So...now that the world knows, I feel a bit more accountable. So let's lose 10 pounds! But be healthy about it! Ready go!

2. Let things go. ie: the past. The past is gone, over with, DONE. I just need to let it allllll go. I thought I had, but recently have been learning I haven't. So. The goal is to learn how to move on and live in the now, not the then.

3. I want to run a full marathon! That may not happen THIS year, but it will happen, so this year I will start preparing for it! And I'll start preparing for great things like RAGNAR and EPIC and all those fun races! Basically, I just want to be a runner again! So bring it on! :)

4. Right this very second our apartment is not looking so lovely. We have some fabulous dishes waiting to be done. And some floors that need vacuumed, and so forth and so on. The goal is to be a better housekeeper. Really, not be lazy. I want to get the house work done before I worry about what is going on in the social world. Haha. And here I am, on the computer...getting ready to post to Facebook...nice. Just decided: I will be going on a Facebook fast starting January 1! Other than to post my blogs! ;)

5. I want to make my bed every morning.

6. I want to have enough time in the morning to get ready so that I don't leave the bathroom a mess in the rush to leave on time.

7. I want to pray every morning and night with my sweet husband, and still do my own individual prayers.

8. I want to be a bit more patient with my cute little day care kids.

9. I want to have some pretty awesome, successful preschool lessons.

10. I want to be more organized.

11. I want to be more family oriented.

12. I want to catch up with old friends.

13. I want to be able to say hi to people from the past without feeling awkward.

14. I want to get AT LEAST 45 minutes of exercise in 6 days a week, maybe 5.

15. I want my testimony to grow. I want to fully understand the Book of Mormon.

There are soooo many things I want to do. Many changes I want to make. You can see why my list is a bit overwhelming. FIFTEEN things? Yeah...one step at a time. That's all I can do, and doing it that way will make it happen! I just need to keep remembering that! I think that I'll kind of keep an update of my goals on here because as I mentioned before it means: ACCOUNTABILITY. I don't know who all reads this, but I do know some people do. So whoever reads this, thanks! Make sure I stick to my word and get my goals accomplished :)

I'm grateful for all this last year has brought me! With this year came new friendships, new family, my eternal companion, new understandings, new goals, and just so many great things! I've had some hard lessons learned, but the lessons are definitely blessings! I'm thankful for new chances and all of the inspiring people in my life! I hope we all finish the year off with a bang and can make some goals to better ourselves!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Now someone can do this along with me haha. Hey If you need another person for Epic this next year PLEASE let me know! I'm wanting to find a team to be on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how many people have to be on a team? Cause I know that Kohn and I want to, you, I may be able to talk my cousin into it, and maybe my brother but I know that 5 doesn't make a team! What is it, like 12? Do you know of anyone else? Cause we could just get a bunch of randoms together! Cause I really wanna run it!

    ReplyDelete