Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 has lots of good in store...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's 2012! I'm pretty excited about it! But then again, I'm always excited about a new year! This is going to be a good one though...I can tell. It started off just right. Although I didn't get my kiss at midnight because my precious hubby was sound asleep...with his brother snoring on the couch while his mom and I were watching "The Help"...which is a VERY good movie, by the way! I recommend it! But all in all, I'm still pretty happy with the way this year is starting out.

We got to really start out the day by going to church and taking the sacrament. What better way could you possibly think of spending the beginning of the year? And it wasn't just any regular day of church...we got to listen to cousin Dallas give his "going away talk before his mission"! And he did an amazing job! And the food wasn't too bad either ;) but seriously...he had me tearing up when he was talking about the incredible boy that went through the temple the same day he did! I was there so I kind of understand just how amazing it was for this boy to go through the temple...for those of you that are a little lost...sorry ;) what it all comes down to is that an awesome young man that is very physically disabled still did what he could to serve a mission, and although he couldn't do a lot in the temple, he still did it! What an inspiration!

Now this brings me to one thing that I am thankful for! For day #1 out of 365 I choose to be thankful for missionaries and the work they do! They give up 2 years of their lives to do one of the most important things they can do. But it's also a very difficult thing too! Missionaries have got to have courage and be strong people and I really just admire what they do! I'm super thankful that my amazing husband served a full time 2 year mission, and was amazing while he did it! Unfortunately there are sometimes those missionaries that just go to please someone that's not themselves and don't really get into the work and show their full potential. But I've been lucky enough to be sealed to someone who was one of the best missionaries, or at least I'm convinced anyway! :)

My favorite sacrament meetings are the ones where a missionary is either going out or coming home! I just love the spirit they have! I'm thankful they do their best to make this church grow! And I really hope to serve a mission with Kohn when we're just cute oldies ;) so I can do what I find so amazing!

Well there you have it, day 1 of being  thankful! I'm looking forward to this new year and all that it will bring! It's going to be a good one, I just know it! :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment