Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Make It Happen

Boy am I in a very solemn mood. Solemn is probably the word I'm looking for. Today wasn't really that bad of a day. I mean yeah there were some bummer things that happened, but all in all I couldn't complain. But then I got home...and things sort of just put me down. I will say this---it's the worst feeling ever when you work so hard at one thing for over a year and then someone who always seems to be a step ahead of you, no matter what, has been working on it for less than a month, and they've already done tons better than you. It sucks. And I'm getting really tired of it.

With that said....let me be thankful and stopping being so depressing.

#139...I am thankful for good, family friendly entertainment. Now days it can definitely be hard to find. But I have my go-to's. GSN and the Food Network. Love me some Family Feud. That's about as good as it can get anymore.

#140...I am thankful for a reliable car. We recently got a brand new car! 2012 Corolla LE. And it's red! Oooooh yeah! My favorite! It's nice to know that the breaks aren't going to go out any second, the steering wheel doesn't squeak when you turn it, and it actually gets warm. Or cold. Whatever we want it to do. Fabulous.

#141...I am thankful for little cuddle bugs. My little friend Porter hasn't slept very good the last two days and once you pull him out of his crib he just wants to be held. I got him out today, after he had screamed bloody murder, and he just cuddled up to me for about 15 minutes. It was relaxing and reminded me why I love my job.

#142...I am thankful that my husband and I talk about things. We've had a little contention over a certain issue, but we always talked about it. And we kept talking about it until it was resolved. We didn't talk about it once and then quit. We kept working through it til it was all figured out. And I'm happy with how we worked it out. I love that my husband is always willing to talk to me about things, because I am certainly all about the talking.

#143...I am thankful for those who are honest. There's nothing better than having someone you know you can trust. Nothing. You just gotta love it.

I feel like a bad wife....Kohn has a game tonight and I'm not there...but I'm only not there because he's not playing. I should probably still be there supporting him...but...I am tired, in a not so pleasant mood, and just want this day to be over. Of course if it looks like he'll be going in for relief I will definitely be making my way there. But for now I'm going to be selfish and sulk. But only for now. Tomorrow is a new day. And I'm going to fix this attitude and get ahead and finally make what I've been working toward for a year happen....wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment