Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Best Friends & Traffic Lights

Happy day to everyone! Yes, I am in a wonderful mood! Long weekends always do that to a person don't they? ;)

So the rumor is true, I chopped my hair. Literally. Like almost all of it. Went from below my shoulders to above my ears! I look like my brother...but I am much prettier than my brother ;) haha jokes. But really...

I just got back from my new job. Oh yeah...not a lot of people knew I was going somewhere different, but that's because it just happened. And I had to finish off my time at Discovery Depot. I am now at Best Friends, which is the daycare for the hospital in Logan, well the day care for their employees. I mainly did more paperwork today, and went to lunch with my new boss, but I can already tell you it will be fabulous. I am excited.

So, I've got about 2.5 hours until my husband gets home. It is great to have time to do what I want. This week I get to pick my hours, ANY hours. Of course I'll definitely do 8 hour days, but I can start those 8 hours when I choose....I wouldn't want to look like a bad employee, plus I really do want to be there so it will be just fine. The freedom of it all just makes it so great!

Anyway, now I will be thankful...

#144...I am thankful for people who care. When I wrote my last blog post and was really depressing and just blah my older sister texted me to make sure I was okay, and my mom called me about the same thing as well. It's always nice to know people care! And for the record...I was just being dramatic in my last blog post, so no worries :) all is well. And life is GREAT!

#145...I am thankful for energy! I think I almost forgot what it was like to have energy. There was a point for a while that I just did not want to go to the gym...I thought I was just being a fat lazy person...but the other day, I had energy, and I was pumped to go to the gym! In fact, I'm excited to go to the gym in a little bit here too! It's soooo nice to have energy.

#146...I am thankful for the primary presidency that we have. They are so awesome and definitely make me feel like Kohn and I are doing a good job. And that's always nice to have that reassurance, especially in something you've never done. And especially when you aren't sure if the kids are learning from you or not. It's always great also when we test the kids and the know the answers! :)

#147...I am thankful for cuddly babies! Jaxon was here this weekend and all I wanted to do when we were in Weston was hold the little man. It was my favorite when he just cuddled up to me and slept. Oh I love him! And I sure hope that Kohn and I have cuddly babies!

#148...I am thankful for little smiles and giggles from kids. Today I was with the 1 year olds for a little bit, and I was playing "peek-a-boo" with some of them in a play house thing, and they had the most precious laughs! It was such a simple game but they sure loved it! And I even loved it too! It was fun! And it was just another one of those little things that reminds me why I love what I do!

#149...I am thankful for traffic lights. Random, but so true. It is nice to know when you CAN go, rather than checking both ways over and over to make sure the coast really IS clear. Traffic lights are fabulous. As long as their green, and you don't have to sit at a red one for years! ;)

Oh life is great...life is good. I am excited about what is happening in our lives. I love it all! I love my husband and I love the life we are living! And I know it's only going to get better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment