Wednesday, January 16, 2013

All That Surgery Stuff.

All I want to do is scrub the floors, do the dishes, scrub the counters, and just scrub...but when I just sit up I get all sorts of light headed and nauseous. This is not fun.

I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, and I actually really want to, because 3 days of nothingness is getting really old. I slept for 10 hours last night, and then came downstairs and fell asleep on the couch for a little nap a few hours later. It's just so exhausting doing nothing all day...

I went in for surgery Monday morning, I had to check in at 6:30 am. The surgery was scheduled to go from 7:30-8:45. Well surgery started at like 7:50 (I think). The last thing I remembered was laying on that table and episodes of Grey's Anatomy going through my mind (and that only makes sense if you watch that show), and then next thing I knew I was very groggy, everything was blurry, and I felt like I had just gotten done with the worst ab workout, EVER.

I don't remember much of the morning in the hospital after the surgery, but I guess I just really wanted a Diet Dr. Pepper, but only if it was diet. Apparently my pain was a 7, but I didn't want drugs, and I was fiiiine. And I would only take water if it came from Kohn. And I guess I was really set on my parents coming to my house to watch Pitch Perfect with me. And the anesthesiologist was hitting on me...and Kohn needed to beat him up. Haha I don't know. I'm just glad they got a kick out of it.

I was supposed to be discharged around 10:30, but we didn't get out of there until 12:30. Because I just don't handle anesthetics very well, and the nausea gets to me pretty bad. And hoooly cow, the gas that they put in my belly really does make my shoulder hurt!

The first day I just complained about my shoulder, Tuesday I complained a lot about my incisions and nausea, and today I just feel exhausted. And a bit nauseous, but nothing like it's been. Oh, and I'm fat. Kohn and I spent a few minutes laughing about how bloated my belly is from the gas, I can't wait for that to go away. I hardly eat anything, and I think it's due to the yucky feeling, and because I feel full all the time because of how bloated I am. This is not fun stuff, I'm telling ya!

But anyway, they got rid of those nasty cysts, and sadly found some endometriosis, and a small adhesion, but they burnt the endometriosis. I'm kind of bothered because I did get to talk to my doctor after the surgery, but I talked to him in the recovery room and don't remember a thing. He did talk to Kohn and kind of filled him in on some things, but I just want to be able to ask the questions I need to ask. But I have to wait for my post-op in 2 weeks. We were lucky though, because the doctor had talked about worse things happening, and they didn't happen, so that was a relief. But I think my mind will just kind of wander until I talk to my doctor. Poop.

I'm trying to be done with the pain killers, because I'm not supposed to drive on loritab, but I'm starting to feel it. Again, I say, this is not fun.

I knew this was a small surgery so I didn't expect to feel quite so awful. But I feel awful. I really am ready for this to just be done.

I'm still a little loopy, and let me tell you, when I was looking in the mirror yesterday I surely looked drugged up. And was finding great entertainment in looking at pictures of my ovaries...I really need to get out!!!

I've had some pretty great people around. My parents came to be with me right after surgery, Jenessa made us dinner that first night, and Chelsea made a delicious treat! Some of our neighbors brought over some fruit pizza (my favorite), Jean came over and took care of me yesterday and cooked dinner! And she gave me a cute little pampering gift bag! And of course I've had great friends and family texting and checking in on me. I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot to mention someone, because I can hardly think straight, but thanks to everyone! I've got some pretty great people in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment