Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Year in Review!

So now that I don't "have to" blog to keep up with my thankful posts I will just blog for fun. So it sounded fun to me to kind of look back and jot down little memories about the year 2012. It might be a little boring, because we have a kind of boring life with work and school, but I still think it will be fun anyway.

January 2012...I had to really think on this one, after all it was a year ago. All I could really think of was that I realized that I wanted to do childcare. And we started out our first real year together ;)

February 2012...I became the full time teacher at Discovery Depot and this was what I guess you could call a good experience...I grew from it, that's for sure. I also celebrated my 20th birthday (yes, I'm a young duck) it was my first birthday with Kohn and I together, and he sure spoiled me rotten. We went on a carriage ride in Salt Lake City, we ate at The Roof on top of the Joseph Smith Building, and it was fantastic! And of course he spoiled me with a fun shopping trip!

March 2012...We celebrated Kohn's 22nd birthday this month! We went to Salt Lake again and went out to eat at Ruth's Chris, a steakhouse that Kohn had been dying to go to! He was pretty pleased with that part of his birthday surprise and compares every steak he eats to the steak there! We also went and played at Boondox! Also during that weekend we went to the Festival of Colors which was the first time for both of us! We wanna make it a tradition....well at least we're going to try!

April 2012...Not much comes to mind on this one...all I know is that we worked and did school and loved being married!

May 2012...May was a good month! We got to go back to Indiana to go through the temple with Edna, an elderly woman that Kohn baptized on his mission! It was a special experience and of course we were thrilled to find any excuse to head that way! I also got a different job! I switched from home day care to a center called Best Friends! Best thing I've ever done for my "career"! I love what I do and the people I do it with!

June 2012...This month probably wasn't too exciting, but it was in the fact that we got to start spending our summer together! Oh but at the end of this month we ran our first half marathon! We beat our goal and had so much fun doing it!

July 2012...The usual happened this month, we celebrated 4th of July and the 24th of July! Lots of fireworks, parades, and cooking on the grill!

August 2012...In August we got to run the EPIC relay. Which goes from Sky View high school in Smithfield all the way to Teton Village in Jackson, Wyoming! What an experience that was! Surely we enjoyed it though because we're signed up to do it again this coming August!

September 2012...Kohn started school again, I became contracted at work, meaning I became the other 1 year old teacher and got benefits. And of course, Shawn's brother married Jen, and we like her! So that is always exciting! :)

October 2012...October was fun with Halloween and such! I dressed up as a hippy and Kohn was the coolest ever, a lego!

November 2012...November was BUSY! We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary, we moved, and we ran RAGNAR in Vegas. Same idea as EPIC but I'm not really sure where we ran, pretty much just around outside the strip. But it was a good time! We got to run it with some friends and two of my AWESOME ;) brother in laws! Brad is especially awesome.....;) and then of course there was Thanksgiving and all the turkey you could possibly dream of!

December 2012...More business with holiday parties and of course Christmas! We spoiled each other rotten for Christmas and just loved having a break from work!

See, nothing too exciting, but it's exciting for me that I can remember most things that happened last year...but chances are I forgot to list some pretty cool things! Oops. That's how it goes.

But blogging is just going to be for fun now, you may see more posts, you may see less, I guess we'll just have to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment