Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Recipe To Share!

All is well at the Thedell home! Same things as usual-work, school, work. And for now, we like it that way!

Kohn has been working a little more than usual (actually kinda a lot more) because they have a show coming up...Kohn gets workout equipment ready so when stores like Sears and Dick's and such come to ICON, they look at what ICON has to offer and decide what to buy and you get the point...so, Kohn has been working a lot...and that leaves me to....make yummies! :)

So, I wanted to share with you what I made today. It is one of my favorite desserts! I don't usually make it though, but this recipe was ridiculously easy, and fast, and delicious, so I may make it more now...

Before I share it with you I just need to clarify it is not MY recipe...I found it on pinterest, which led me to the blog it was from...which you can find by going here... www.theviewfromthegreatisland.blogspot.com :) Anyways....here it is! And enjoy! So good!

Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Preheat oven to 350

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

*Cream the butter, sugars, and vanilla in a bowl. Add in the egg and beat well.

*Add in the oats and mix with spatula until well blended.

*Spread out evenly in an 8x8 baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until just golden. Let cool while you prepare the frosting.

*Add chocolate chips and peanut butter in a bowl and microwave on short bursts, stirring until the chocolate just melts and the mix is smooth and creamy.

*Spread over the partially cooled base.

*Refrigerate until completely firm. Enjoy straight from the fridge!





SERIOUSLY SOOOO YUMMY! 





No comments:

Post a Comment