Friday, October 25, 2013

Week 34!!!

All my October mommy's have had their babies, and even my November mommy's (now October mommy's) have had their babies too! So of the people that I know, that puts me next in line! And it's taking forever to be my turn...

6 more weeks! Well, 3-6, or 7. I could potentially end up being a November mommy, but I just don't know how lucky we'll get with that. A girl can dream! What's driving me nuts is if it were anything else we were counting down 6 weeks to it would seem a whole lot closer! In any other situation. I've been told that once I'm in labor I'm going to wonder where the time went...but until then time is dragging.

I think I've mentioned before we're taking a labor/delivery class. Well on Wednesday we got to take a tour of the labor and delivery floor and mommy/baby unit. We've got a pretty decent sized class, I think there is 11 couples. So when we got to labor and delivery and went through the doors the teacher sent all us pregnant girls first, kind of freaked out the nurses! Haha they were trying to figure out how they were going to make room for all of us! Kind of funny, as we were walking around the floor whenever we would walk past an occupied room there would be a comment about "Oh I can hear that baby's heart beat on the monitor" and one of my October mommy's was in one of the rooms we walked past! Fun coincidence.

A couple weeks ago my mom threw a baby shower for me and it was so great! Thanks mom! Baby Nixon got spoiled and we are just seriously blessed! I'm excited to dress my little man in all the cute clothes he got!

I haven't blogged since 32 weeks so if I repeat something, just excuse me. I'm forgetful as it is, but being pregnant takes that to a whole new level for me ;) so....Dr. Noorda decided to make an educated guess, and he made sure to clarify that it was just that, a GUESS. But he told me "Haley, you're not going to have a big baby....shux huh?" Haha yeah doc, shux. His guess is like 7 lbs. But I got to do an extra little ultrasound the other day and that said he was 4 lbs 11 oz at the time. The tech said that's just a little under the average baby weight. So we'll see. But she said he is healthy, healthy, healthy! Moving great, heartbeat is great, and everything looked great! :) He was a little bugger and was covering his face though...he's pretty good at that. He had his hands and feet in front of his face, I can't imagine that would be comfortable....but he did have a cute little ear. And I'm pretty positive we saw some hair when we were on the 3D image :)

*Nixon is the size of a butternut squash, 4 lbs 11 oz :)
*He can now open and close his eyes.
*He was head down when we did the ultrasound, she said he's pretty likely to stay that way now until delivery!

How far along? 34 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: I just honestly don't look at the scale anymore.
Sleep: It has actually been pretty great lately. I fall asleep fast, mainly because I'm exhausted, and I sleep through the night! 
Best moment this week? For sure seeing him, even if I couldn't see his face. Oh and then during a heartbeat check he had the hiccups so we could hear the pattern of the hiccups too! Kinda cute! 
Miss anything? Pumpkin. Pumpkin gives me the worst heartburn! So hopefully he'll be here before Thanksgiving so I can enjoy all the pumpkin goodness without paying for it afterwards!
Movement? Oh yes! 
Food cravings: I'm a chocolate lover.
Have you started to show yet? Yes, and of course I have the dreaded stretch marks too.
Gender? BOY!!!!! 
Labor signs? I have been having little contractions, but I haven't been feeling them all.
Belly button in or out? I can almost say out. 
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? There is no accurate answer for this. 
Looking forward to: Tomorrow should be pretty fun! We're having a murder mystery dinner with all our friends! You know, life size Clue! And Kohn gets to fulfill his dream, he gets to be a zombie! ;) and then of course I am excited for November to get here next week, because remember, I could be a November mommy if luck is on my side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment