Monday, July 2, 2012

Dynamite Half

I fall so far behind without even realizing it...it kind of bothers. But oh well, it's only my fault. I can't believe that there are people that can actually do one post a day of what they are thankful for. Now, I'm not saying it's hard to come up with something every day, because it's surely not, it's just hard to find the time every single day.

Oh well, I think what I have going works out just fine. The goal was to list 365 things that I am thankful for, and even though you get a whole lot thrown at you at once, they are still adding up and getting there. The year is half way over too, so why quit now? I'll just make it another...5 months? Yeah...something like that. Wow. Time flies. It's already the 7th month of the year. I still feel like New Years Eve was just yesterday...crazy, crazy.

Today was another day off of work...and it unfortunately was not as productive as most. I had another one of those super lazy days. But I guess it wasn't THAT lazy. I did get our mountain of dishes done, and I did vacuum...and clean. The only thing I missed was putting my laundry away, and making the bed. So not bad, I guess. Here is my goal for the rest of the day: Put laundry away. Haha. We'll see if that happens.

Anyway, dinner is cooking, and so I am just sitting here being a little blogger. I would say something about being a little sophisticated wife or something...but my appearance does not deserve that sort of title. I don't know what it is lately, but my hair just goes NUTS when I sleep. Whether I am move around in my sleep, or stay in the same spot all night (which is how it's been lately since I've slept so deep) I always wake up with it all crazy like! I used to be able to wake up, take the comb through it, use some hairspray and go...not so much anymore. I'm ashamed to say that my hair is still a little bit wacky. And it's 5:00 PM. Curse those lazy days. At least I managed to put a bra on. Progress, my friends.

That was probably a little bit of TMI about the bra, but oh well. If you're willing to read this then you're probably close to me anyway...so it doesn't matter. Oh can I tell you something way embarrassing? Okay...so I am making some lasagna soup, and I wanted to have some bread with it. So I stuck some in the oven, and I was so wise and...well never mind, I don't want to share the story now that I think about it. Moving on...

Saturday Kohn and I ran our first half marathon! I was seriously dreading it more than I can even explain, but now I'm beyond glad that we did it! Our goal was to finish under 2 hours, and that we did! We finished in 1:58:42. Wahoo! And at about mile marker 12, I found out that I was the 2nd girl! So of course that pushed me to finish that last 1.1 mile off strong! And what do you know, I took 2nd in the woman's division! I was pumped and have a medal to prove it! :) I really am excited to do another one, but I worry that it won't be as good...haha, we'll just have to find out. Because I for sure WILL do another one. And a full marathon eventually.

Now I will be thankful...since that is the "point" of this blog...

#178...I am thankful for Pandora. That's silly. But true. Everyone is allowed to be thankful for silly things now and again. And I just love getting to listen to my choice of music, with little to no commercials, and I can skip a song if I'm not feeling it. Whoever created it is genius.

#179...I am thankful for all the examples in my family. Yesterday we were eating our traditional summer ice cream at my aunt and uncles house and we were writing little notes to all the missionaries in our family...and there are 5 out right now. How awesome is that? I sure do have a pretty fantastic family!

#180...I am thankful for my mother-in-law! As Kohn and I were running our half marathon we were talking about how all the other sports in the family, baseball and soccer, get support almost always, and it would be nice to have someone watching us finish my sport every once in a while. And what do ya know? Jean was there waiting for us with chocolate milk at the finish line! It was great to have that support. And believe it or not, it really made that "sprint" at the end so much easier to do. She also took some pictures for us, so when we get those I'll have to share!

#181...I am thankful for "to-do lists". They honestly save my life. They help me get all the things done that I need to get done, plus they help me remember. Which I always need help with.

#182...I am thankful for pens. They help me make my to-do lists. I am a very avid "to-do lister".

#183...I am thankful for music. Every song, well almost every song, can help someone relate to a situation. And for me personally, music has helped me get through things. And I just sure like it.

Well...now that I've written a novel for a blog I shall sign off. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment