Thursday, July 25, 2013

Week 21!!!

I've heard it said that if grandma's don't like the name you've picked for your baby then you've picked a good name....Grandma McMurdie doesn't like our name of choice. So I will believe what I've heard said to be true.

We were sitting in sacrament meeting one Sunday a month or so ago and Kohn had a lightbulb moment (he may or may not have been on google during the meeting) and decided he had picked the winning boy name. It was actually a name I had never considered, mainly because I had never really even thought of it, but once he said it I liked it, it had a good ring to it, and since then, it's been the name we were going to use if we had a boy. The name that Kohn found by divine inspiration (obviously since it was during church ;) ) is Nixon. Nixon Grey Thedell. I like it.

I think the thing that excites me most about having a boy is that Kohn gets to play catch with him and teach him all about baseball when he's older. Kohn is so cute with our nephews and my older (age 9ish) boy cousins, so I know he's going to be Nixon's best pal, besides mommy ;) Kohn is going to be the best daddy!

The rest of this post could probably be all about how wonderful Kohn is but then I'd never stop typing so we'll just talk about the baby now!

*Nixon is the size of a pomegranate, weighing in at 1 pound, and believe it or not I do feel it on my lower back, oh how will it be when he's 6 pounds and more?!
*He now hiccups often to practice breathing and swallows amniotic fluid to practice eating. Interesting fact, I think so anyway, the amniotic fluid tastes like whatever I eat, so when I eat cookies, Nixon eats cookies--lucky boy ;)
*Nixon resembles a miniature human but would still fit in the palm of your hand.

How far along? 21  weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: About 10 pounds.
Sleep: I don't remember the last time I actually slept completely through the night. I wake up 2-3 times in the middle of the night, but luckily am able to fall quickly back to sleep.
Best moment this week: It's just so fun to get to refer to our baby as a HE instead of IT.
Miss anything? I really wanted to lay flat on my back in the grass the other day.
Movement: Oh yes. It's funny though, because when I tell Kohn that his son is awake he'll put his hand where I point to and wait and wait and wait, and then as soon as Kohn moves his hand off my belly Nixon will give me a good, hard kick. Sorry daddy ;)
Food cravings: I didn't realize it until today, but I've really liked breakfast foods, especially french toast.
Have you started to show yet? Yes, we went to Bear Lake yesterday and my swimsuit does not fit the same way it did a month ago.
Gender? BOY!!!!! 
Labor signs? Nope.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy.
Looking forward to: Next week being over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment