Tuesday, October 23, 2012

4 Week Challenge

Just for the record, I did not get the bubble bath I talked about in my latest blog post. Super depressing. But oh well. I probably didn't do any of the things I listed that I would do....I got sidetracked. But oh well, it's a new day, and I have plenty of chances to take a bubble bath. Ya know, I have plenty of chances to clean too...but that one just seems like it HAS TO BE DONE. Always. I hate how it works that way. But oh well, a clean home is a happy home.

So for goals...I haven't had chocolate for like 2 weeks....still going strong. And I haven't had pop for a week. And that is something pretty great. As for the ab stuff before bed...it worked out really well for the first half of the week...but then as the weekend get nearer and nights got later, I sort of forgot. Because let's face it, when you just want to go to bed, ab workouts are the last thing on your mind. But I'm feeling pretty good about life, so it's fine. And as for the "secret" project. Well, I finished it! It was a cute wreath for my mommy dearest's birthday! A twig wreath with burlap roses. I don't know how to transfer a picture from my phone to blogger, so I'll just post it on Facebook.

I've been thinking...maybe I should make "long/short" goals. Meaning....instead of just doing a week by week thing, maybe I should make 6 week challenges, or 4 week, or something like that. So I don't work on the goal for a week, have the time fly by, and then just drop it. So I think I will just pick two goals to work on for 4 weeks, one month. So if I were to start tomorrow, then the day my challenges would be over is November 21st, right before Thanksgiving. So....here we go.

4 Week Challenge:

---We're going to do this thing where I work out 5 times a week. I've got an elliptical, a Tour de France bike, warm running clothes, and even access to the gym at USU...so. I will run 3 times each week, and do the bike 1 time and the elliptical 1 time. Doesn't matter what days. I just have to do those things each week. Maybe I should challenge myself to do it right as I get home from work, or right as I wake up (depending on time) just so I can get it out of the way. Maybe it'll become habit...haven't heard that from me before have you? ;)

---I have this cleaning schedule I found on pinterest, where I vacuum on Monday, and dust on Tuesday...yeah, I can't really remember the last time I followed through with that one. So I'm going to do that.

I don't think those challenges will be too terribly hard. So we'll see how this goes. I realize I've failed at goals in the past, but have a little faith in me this time around, I have been doing better.

So now I'll quickly be thankful...

#292...I am thankful for nice people that close for me. So I close every night at work, but the past two days other people have closed for me...and I appreciate it. I realize they're looking to get hours, but still....I appreciate it.

#293...I am thankful for warm, cozy socks. I walked around in my big furry socks at work all day. And it was heavenly...and comfortable.

#294...I am thankful for good prices at Ross. Last night we bought a new comforter, because our current one is ripping, and a new shower head. For way cheap!

#295...I am thankful for band-aids. I got a paper cut today and it was just really great to be able to put a band-aid on instead of having to feel the stingy pain.

#296...I am thankful for the fact that I work with nursing students. If I ever have a medical question I can usually turn to them and they give me a pretty solid answer!

#297...I am thankful that my husband is smart and stuff. I'd be lost without him when it comes to technology and all that business...I mean I'd be lost without him in everything, but especially those things.

So I feel as if this post has gotten kind of lengthy....so I will save my story about how some impatient person backed into my car at the stop light this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment