Monday, October 8, 2012

Tour de France!

I meant to blog yesterday but I just didn't get to it. But it was a lovely General Conference Sunday! I'm going to have to make this quick, because we've got some fun plans tonight, so I thought I'd blog while I waited to head out! So...

Goals...

Misc: The goal was to read scriptures every night last week! Guess what? WE DID IT! And we're going to continue with it! I always say you can do something for at least a week. But then after that week it just becomes easier. Well most of the time. And in this case it's going to work! I don't think I could give it up at this point because it is making such a big difference in my life to have scripture study! So yay for this goal!

Food: The goal was to eat healthy when I was hungry. Eh...I guess I did. I mean I didn't turn to a chocolate bar or a cookie. I turned to Goldfish. Which are healthier than cookies...

Fitness: The goal was to ride the Tour de France at least twice last week. Well I will be honest and tell you I failed miserably, and didn't ride it AT ALL. I ran though. Does that make it any better? Probably not. But, tonight, after the corn maze and such I will ride the Tour de France bike. And I'll COMPLETE a work out on it. That thing is tough. It's a pretty big deal that I'm going to do it tonight, because on my training schedule cross training isn't til tomorrow, but I'll just do it tonight...because by the time I get home from stuff it'll be dark, and I don't want to run in the dark. People scare me. So that's really the only reason I'm switching it up, but nonetheless....I will be riding the bike.

So, the new goals...

Misc: I've been working on a birthday bulletin board for my 1 year old class at work, and I've been really slow at it, so, the goal is to get it done before I leave on Friday.

Food: No chocolate. Kohn and I are doing this little thing where if he doesn't drink pop, I don't eat chocolate. It gives me headaches when I eat way too much anyway so I don't know why it's so tough for me...but we'll give it a go...

Fitness: I feel like there's not really many goals I can make here. It's always the same thing over and over...and I always fail ;) haha so for now, I'm done with fitness goals. And if I come up with one I'll make it known. But just know I will be working on my fitness still.

So those are the goals, I'm feeling pretty confident about them.

Thankful posts....

#277...I am thankful for President Eyring's talk Sunday morning. It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear, and I'm glad I heard it.

#278...I am thankful for the little amount we got to spend with cousins, Tyler and Michelle. They don't even realize it but they taught us lots of good lessons about marriage and parenting. They have such a good marriage and are definitely good examples of that. We sure love them!

#279...I am thankful for the fun time my grandma provided  for us tonight. We got to do a corn maze, get free dinner, shoot bb guns, shoot a huge sling shot, and some Indian ax thing. It was way fun!

#280...I am thankful I woke up this morning...I just got too used to waking up when I wanted to without alarms all weekend, so when the alarm went off at 6:15 I totally turned it off (didn't push snooze) and then went back to sleep. I turned over to cuddle with Kohn (half asleep) and wondered what time it was...I looked over at the clock, and it was 7:10...I needed to leave at 7:15 to be to work by 7:30...let's just say I looked lovely all day....

#281...I am thankful for holidays and the fun they bring. It's always good to get out and celebrate something and change things up a little bit!

Well...I actually didn't get to finish this blog post til after our fun night...so it is now actually time to ride the Tour de France...and I'm going to do it. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment