Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dr. Pepper

We went to our new student ward today...and let me just tell you, it was the best decision we could make for ourselves! They were all so friendly and we actually felt very welcome! We're both pretty excited about it!

So my goals went very well this last week :) I finished the bulletin board at work. Mainly. I just need to figure out a cute little saying and put it up then it really is all done. And as far as chocolate goes...I haven't eaten any and I feel great! I'm going to continue with the no chocolate eating thing! It seriously makes the biggest difference, and I'm loving it! And just as a sidenote: I rode the Tour de France bike twice this week...accomplishing the goal was a week late ;) but I did it!

So for this week....my goals are this:

Food: No pop. I guess that's not really food, but you get the idea. No pop. That will be a struggle with my Diet Dr. Pepper fedish, but if Kohn can do the no pop thing then so can I! Plus it will be so much better for me, and that's what I keep thinking when I set these goals, which I'm getting better at accomplishing!

Misc: Finish a certain something I'm working on. I can't really put too much detail into this, because I know a certain someone reads this...but I'll spill the beans next week. Just no I'm going to get "IT" done.

Fitness: Do some simple ab workouts before I go to bed every night. That should be easy, because it's not like it takes ten million minutes of my time, and I don't have to get all geared up. Even something that little makes a difference, it has in the past, so I'm going to start with it again. Even if Kohn makes fun of me.

So goals are fun, and I'm really enjoying them now. And we're going to watch Once Upon A Time soon so let me be thankful...

#285...I am thankful for the good feelings accomplishing my goals is giving me. I failed at first, but I'm progressively getting better, and it makes me feel like I can do "hard" things. Though the goals aren't that hard, but they're things I don't normally do, so you get the point.

#286...I am thankful for all the kind people in our new ward. All the very friendly sisters in relief society and the gentlemen in priesthood. Kohn and I could not have felt more welcome.

#287...I am thankful for 9:30 church, so much better than 12:30...we actually felt like we had a day.

#288...I am thankful for Sunday naps. Boy was that nap today needed, and it was amazing. I almost forgot what Sunday naps were like.

Life is good, and that's all there is to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment