Wednesday, August 15, 2012

EPIC Adventure

So it's been a little over a week. And I of course now decide to write some more because I am avoiding cleaning like nobody's business. It's my day off this week and I SHOULD be cleaning up the mess that's kinda been here for far too long. With Epic over the weekend and being sick and working lots, well, nothing got done around our apartment. I can only stand a mess for so long though, so it will get done sooner than later. I'll actually probably get to it after this post, because for some reason I really get into a cleaning/homemaker mood after I write on the blog. So this is a good idea.

There's so much to say. But I don't even know where to start. And...I just don't know. So I guess I'll just be thankful and touch on things as I go.

#219...I am thankful for my uncle Mike! He let us take 2 vans from his dealership over the weekend to use for Epic. They were nice, spacious vans, and they were perfect. Thanks Uncle Mike! I doubt you're reading this, but it's the thought that counts :)

#220...I am thankful that my cold got better in the nick of time. Thursday night I was feeling like death and was worrying a little because the race was the next day. But I woke up the next morning, felt a little groggy, got going, but then I was just fine. I only blew my nose a few times here and there. It was perfect timing.

#221...I am thankful for the overcast weather that we had part of the day on Friday. Of course it was overcast until Meagan got out to run, and then David ran, and then I ran, and then it started to rain and get cool after I was done. Just our luck, right? ;) but at least it wasn't too bad for the rest of our team for that leg.

#222...I am thankful for random people doing the race that I didn't even know. Well, I guess just the nice ones ;). My first leg was 9.31 miles in 100 degree weather. And when my team wasn't around other teams would offer me water and squirt me in the face, and it was fabulous. I sure did appreciate them.

#223...I am thankful for chocolate milk. Nothing sounded better after a long, hot run than a cup of cold chocolate milk. Mmmmm. So good.

#224...I am thankful that other people are good about taking pictures. I took my camera on our little Epic adventure, but only took one picture at the beginning. Thank goodness Shawn took pictures, and Angela took pictures, and Haley took pictures. Though the action shots aren't very attractive it still is good to have the memory ;)

#225...I am thankful for jackets. After each of my runs I got a little cold, so it was always nice to have my jacket nearby to help warm me up.

#226...I am thankful that I had the experience to run Epic, now I really feel like I can do hard things, because trust me that was hard. But a huge confidence booster.

#227...I am thankful that I got to have the experience of Epic with my siblings. It was fun to have them in my van, and it was fun to have Rikki and Angela there to cheer us all on. And it was awesome to have my mom and dad and my mom-in-law there at the end too! :) And of course, I loved when my cute niece Hallie yelled out the window and said "We love you!" when I was running the yucky 9 miles! I definitely felt like cheering each other on and what not brought us closer. Maybe they don't feel the same way ;) but I do!

I guess now that I'm all caught up and such I should get to the cleaning business...because my cousin, Cheri, is coming home from her mission today and we're all meeting in Brigham City to have dinner. It'll be the first time that Kohn and Cheri meet. I'm excited because they're both two people that I love lots! :)

Lately I've been thinking and it has become so important to me to not take anything for granted, especially anyone. So just think about that and I hope we can all kinda live by that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment