Thursday, August 23, 2012

Like A Freight Train...

Being sick is one of the worst things ever. Being sick with the flu IS the worst thing ever. The little bug has been going around at the daycare, and it kind of just came out of nowhere. We were at our staff meeting on Monday and I was talking about how I hadn't had the flu for as long as I could remember. I even knocked on wood, but I guess it didn't work.

Nicole, a girl I work with, was telling us we all needed to drink grape juice because it helps keep the flu away when you've been exposed to it. Well, I seriously thought about it, but was just too lazy to go to the store to get some. I should have not been lazy...because everyone else that drank grape juice seems to be doing just fine.

Just my luck.

So I had to call off work yesterday, and just kind of laid around and slept all day and puked all day. And all that stuff....and then today I worked 6-11 and now I am home and I just don't know what to do. Because the apartment is clean, other than the dishes, but I'm just not feeling up to that yet. Dishes make me nauseous even without recovering from the flu...

Kohn won't be home for another 4 hours, and I've had just about enough TV to last me a good long while. The normal things I do when I'm bored like this consist of working out. I don't know if that's a good idea yet...I guess I could hop on the elliptical in our spare bedroom and go for however long I can stand...not that you care...I'm just rambling. Moving on.

#234...I am thankful for sprite and oyster crackers. They were the only things I could keep down yesterday. Maybe next time around I'll be thankful for grape juice too...

#235...I am thankful for when I had a washer and dryer right there whenever I needed it. I can not express enough how annoyed I am with not having them. This has gotta change and it's gotta change fast...grrrr.

Anyways, life is good, and I'm so glad yesterday is over. That flu hit me like a freight train...and I'm so done with it.

Tomorrow is Friday. YES. Happy early weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment