Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Something Special?

I really need to find something "extra special" for me to do with my time...I know I've said it time and time again, but I'm serious. I can't wake up, go to work, cook/clean, workout, go to sleep, repeat....anymore. I mean of course I can, but can I add something else a little more exciting in there too?

Maybe I should decide to become a biker...and then when I workout and am doing the Tour de France bike I will feel like I'm doing something special for me...we'll go with that right now and see how it works. I have to pick something simple like that right now, since I only have so much time to add something "extra" to my days.

I think I'll start doing cute little surprises for Kohn frequently. Cause he's so busy and he just needs to see that he's appreciated. Because he works, goes to school, works around here, and is just a busy guy and I'm sure proud of him! And I can say that I'm going to do little surprises now and then because he doesn't read this blog...so nothing is getting ruined by me writing about it! :)

So, I follow a couple of different blogs. I follow some fashion blogs, I follow some running blogs, some health blogs, and some regular family blogs. So, there's this really awesome blog I never allow myself to get behind on, runsforcookies.com. I found it like a year after she had started it, and let's just say I had a lot of catching up to do ;) I don't know, it's just nice to read about the "struggles" she has with running too, and to know I'm not the only one. But my point of bringing that up was this...she has recently started this fun weekly goal thing. Every week she sets 3 goals for herself to accomplish that week. She sets a food goal, a fitness goal, and a misc goal. And then she follows up on it the next week. And it seems to work for her because she knows people are reading to see if she's a "failure" or not.

Now, I know that she has A LOT more readers than I do, but I can still think someone out there is holding me accountable ;) I think it would be fun. And I know I probably sound like a broken record always talking about how I'm going to make all these great goals and it's just going to be awesome...and then you never hear anything about it...well yeah, it's probably because I sort of just let it go. But I'm really going to give this one an honest effort. I'll put my goals up on Sunday's, and then report on Sunday's as well. We'll see how it all goes ;)

I guess I'll get to the current "point" of this blog and be thankful...

#240...I am thankful that I don't have a whole lot of thankful posts to catch up on this time around. Just two! That's like a record for me, I think. Go me! :)

#241...I am thankful that we all have so many different examples around us. Admit it, you see someone do something great and you think to yourself that you want to do that great something too. And then when you do, you kind of change a bit, but it's definitely for the best. Funny how that works. We all talk about how we should love us and not try to be like anyone else, and I'm definitely not encouraging that we try to be like anybody else, but we do all get little ideas of what to do from our surroundings. And we all know it's true no matter what you say. And you know what, it's not a bad thing. We all help each other grow by our examples, and I am thankful for that.

I also am thankful that we're one day closer to the weekend, but that doesn't count, cause I'm always thankful for that! :)

Everyone have a happy Wednesday night! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment