Saturday, August 4, 2012

M-E...me.

I figured it out...I figured out my new hobby. Brace yourself, you may not expect it. My new hobby is....me. Yep, that's right. M-E...me.

Don't we all need to spend a little time with ourselves/on ourselves? YES. It's healthy. It's needed. I think I'll get more mani's and pedi's ;) spoil myself a bit. But out of all seriousness...

I'm going to work on being healthy, in every aspect. Healthy physically, healthy mentally, create healthy relationships....just plain old healthy. Healthy Haley, I like it.

I guess laying in bed hours upon hours really makes you think about things, reevaluate, and figure out what needs to change in our lives. Because let's face it, something can always afford to be changed. Hey, I guess I can work on healthy sleeping habits too.

For starters, let's work on healthy physically. Let's face it, I've let myself go a little bit. Maybe a lot bit. I'm married, I won my man, I can skip weeks and weeks of working out and eat whatever I want. And gain weight. Icky. I actually...can not. Because when I become unhealthy physically, I become unhealthy mentally...and that is pretty for no one. And that even makes relationships unhealthy. It just does. Read my next paragraph to understand a bit better.

I read an article about how bad body image makes you afraid of socializing. And while I'm not necessarily afraid to talk to people I can totally see it is true. If you're not comfortable with yourself then you definitely tend to stay back in the shadows more. Learned it first hand. Do not like it.

Anyway, back to the "for starters"...yes, physically healthy. We're going to tone this body right up, and we're going to do it the right way this time, because the wrong way will ALWAYS come back to bite you in the behind. Promise.

And mentally...well that'll be an adventure. Positive talk, here I come. I don't even know what to say about this because I'm embarrassed. I just know it will take work.

Healthy relationships...let's just say I'm going to just be a nice person to everyone. Life is really just so much easier that way. Too much energy is wasted holding grudges and thinking bad/mean/upsetting/etc thoughts. Every single person has good qualities about them, and that's what I'm going to seek.

And this will be the tough thing...I'm going to get over this "let's be lazy and feel bad for myself" mentality. If I don't like it then I better fix it. My apartment WILL stay clean, mark my words. When my apartment is messy, like it seems to be a lot lately, I feel like I fail. So it really is huge that I keep it clean and have a nice "home". It's important that I "clean" up a lot of things right now.

I'm going to get the sleep I need so I don't drag all day long, and I'm going to accomplish lots and feel that accomplishing feeling that I love, and unfortunately, miss so much. I'm going to make myself feel important.

No worries, we're not all serious. I still plan on finding a fun hobby, like crocheting ;) but how will I ever enjoy something if I don't enjoy the simple things first? Especially if I don't enjoy me. I guess this blog will now be dedicated to continuing my thankfulness, but also to talk about the changes that I am so ready to make. I decided this because everything is so much better when you can talk about it. And yes, I can talk to my hubs about it all I want, but I just REALLY enjoy writing. So writing about it makes me feel way good too.

I can't believe I'm really being this out there and open about this...though I'm not being as open as some may think. But there comes a point where all you can do is let it out and talk about it.

I realize a lot of this probably doesn't make sense and seems jumbled, but it makes sense to me. And as soon as I start really making progress here I am confident that you'll see a difference and maybe understand better.

Here's to becoming a healthy Haley and loving me....and if I fail, well then...kick me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment