Friday, August 3, 2012

I Need A Hobby!

Good freaking morning...I can't sleep so I'm going to write this blog post now. And this accounts for the 4th of August. So I shall catch up all over again...excuse me if I mess up or say some things that are wrong, or something like that....I am so very tired. But just can't seem to sleep. Too much on this little mind of mine. Plus it's flaming hot. And the hubs is snoring his little heart out. Sleep is not in the cards for me right now...how unfortunate. I shall say that...

#208...I am thankful for sleep. I feel like I have probably said this before. And will probably have the same explanation. But here I go again. I am thankful for sleep, when it comes to me. It's a bummer when it doesn't quite come so easily. So those nights that I can just lay down and close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep are spectacular. I wish they'd come...always. 

#209...I am thankful for text messaging. Sound ridiculous? Well, it probably is. But it really is quite great to just be able to relay a message super fast without having to talk on the phone, especially if you don't want it to be overheard ;) I'm not much of a fan of talking on the phone anyway...but texts are superb. They're just so convenient. And you know it's true. 

#210...I am thankful for pain killers. Oh yes I am. I'm not one to normally use any type of medication. I'm just really not a fan. But when it's needed...well, it's needed. And I'm glad they are there.

#211...I am thankful for this lap top that I can haul around wherever I like. I can still lay in bed, be by the hubs, and occupy myself while I can't sleep. Maybe the lap top isn't so great. Because if I couldn't occupy myself while struggling to sleep I may just fall fast asleep due to boredom. But oh well...I'm not trying to  contradict this thankfulness...moving on.

#212...I am thankful for words. I love how words can be so touching. When you say just the right things it's honestly like a piece of art. Nothing is better than a good quote that really makes you think and can actually have a pretty decent impact on you. Now if only we could always remember those words that meant so much and changed you for that moment...

#213...I am thankful for stores that are open for what seems like always. If I need to pick up something random at 11:00 at night I know I can rely on my good ol' WalMart. Fabulous.

#214...I am thankful for blankets. Funny how just a few minutes ago I was saying it was hot. Because now I'm cold. I just really think I need to sleep...haha.

#215...I am thankful that Epic will be here sooner than later. Honestly I'm way super excited to do it, I know it'll be fun. But I'm also just way ready to be done with it. I am ready to be done stressing about my training. For instance...I had 5 miles on my schedule tonight, but I closed at work, so I didn't get home until about 6:30, and then we were out and about until about 11. SO I didn't get my run in. If I didn't have a big running thing coming up, I wouldn't stress about it. It will just be nice to get the stress out of the way and gone.

#216...I am thankful for shade. I was outside a lot today with my 1 year olds. And I'm telling you what. It would have been icky to be in the sun all day. The shade is always welcome on a hot summer day. 

Right now I feel like I could type for hours and hours on end about everything and nothing. People, I need to make a change. I do the same thing all the time. And quite frankly, I'm sick of it. I go to work, I run, I cook and clean, I watch Cold Case, and I go to bed. Where's the excitement in that routine every single day? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my life, I couldn't ask for anything better. I just want to throw some excitement in there. Or something like that. Kohn did take me on a picnic to the temple the other night, and that was just the sweetest thing ever, and I loved it :) so I'll give him props on that :) but what I need is a new hobby...something that I do. Like Kohn does baseball. What does Haley do? Yes, Haley runs, but she needs something more...look at me, talking in 3rd person ;) haha. Anyway. I kind of have thought about learning to play the piano. But then I would have to buy a piano, and have space for a piano. Maybe when we move I'll have space, but there is no space right now. Plus pianos are expensive. So then I've thought, maybe I'll crochet. But then I think I'd feel like an old lady. Maybe tennis lessons? But again, money. Bleh. I need SOMETHING. I guess everything does cost money. So I'll just have to find something I can handle. 

If I tried half of the things I've pinned on pinterest, I'd be set for life. Maybe I should get working on that ;) I've never been super crafty...maybe I'll make myself that way. But it doesn't sound ridiculously appealing either though. What is this? A midlife crisis? Haha joking, joking. I'm only bored. I'll figure something out. And it'll be great.

Anyway...I'm afraid I'm waking Kohn up with all this tapping of the keyboard. So I guess I'll show some consideration and end here. Thanks for reading this dreadfully painful, and long blog entry. Have a great weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment