Sunday, August 5, 2012

Glenn Beck

Hello, again. I think this is record breaking. This time around I only have 1 thankful thing to say. And I even wrote 2 blog posts in one day midmorning. Oh well what time it was, it still got done. I'm sitting in Weston, just ate some dinner, and am waiting to go to a pretty neat fireside. And I was by the computer and just felt this urge to type. Because it feels good. So, again, here I am.

We're looking to buy a townhome. Not quite sure if I mentioned this already, but it's true. We are. We thought about renting for a few short minutes, and then my realtor grandma helped us realize that it would be more beneficial to buy since we'll be there for so long. So...we are now "house hunters". I feel so grown up. Anyway, we just got back from discussing some things with my grandma, and I am just so ready to make this happen. I am ready to move, I am ready to sort of start over. It will be a new ward, new neighbors, a new area. We won't be in the "ghetto", if Logan even really has a ghetto. But it'l give us a chance to not be so shy and reserved this time around. And I am ready. Friends, here we come ;) We just need to make sure we have the moneys...oh money, money, money. The goal is to spend our Christmas in our new place. Pretty realistic goal I do believe. So here we go!

I'm thinking of naming this blog something else. I mean the name is cute and precious and stuff. But...there will come a time when we've been married a while and it will no longer exactly be a "beginning". I just don't know what name to go with. I need a creative bug. I kind of want to have a "purpose" for this blog too. I mean yes, it is meant for my thankful thoughts and to update about our lives. But our lives aren't too exciting and so there aren't really much updates. I guess I'll need a creative bug to figure this out too. Just be aware, there will be changes in the near future. Maybe. As long as I keep up my "love" for blogging. Maybe blogging will become my "hobby". Haha oooooooh, I am ridiculous. It shouldn't be hard to find a hobby that I enjoy, but I have found it's a lot more difficult than I thought. I guess I don't want to settle...now I just sound like I'm talking about dating. So I will stop.

Here is my thankful thought...

#217...I am thankful for cool conversion stories. They honestly are so inspiring. I mentioned earlier that we are getting ready to head off to a fireside. And I said a pretty neat fireside. Why so neat? Because it is Glenn Beck. And he is sharing his conversion story. I'm excited.

I just love conversion stories because they help me to realize how lucky I am. Now it would be cool to be the one with an inspiring story, don't get me wrong, but I am pretty lucky that I've had it so easy. I was born into this church and knew from the get go that it is so true. I never doubted, and I know that I've always known it's true. I'm very lucky to have always had that faith and knowledge. And I'm proud of that.

If I remember, I'll share a little about the fireside. But with my memory I could easily forget. I have to write things down. ALL THE TIME. Ask my husband, he was reading my planner today, and I think he kind of laughed to himself about some of the things I had written down. You'd think they'd be common sense to remember, but I just am not that good. Thank goodness for pen and paper. And the ability to write, no less.

Wheels are still turning in my brain. And I'll come up with a purpose for this blog. A greater purpose. Just you wait.

Until next time...which will hopefully be tomorrow. But I'm not promising anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment