Monday, August 6, 2012

Why Are You A Mormon?

My favorite thing in the whole wide world is when a precious baby falls asleep cuddled in your arms. It just makes me never want to put that cute baby in their crib....until another baby starts crying. Because I've got to stop the other baby from crying so it doesn't wake up the sleeping baby. Because I don't know how precious the sleeping baby will be when it is woken up 5 minutes into their nap. It's true, these were really my only worries today. Don't you wish those were your only worries? It was nice while the time lasted. Now I am worried about not being sick this weekend.

I am just starting to get a soar throat and my nose has been running today too. I can't be sick when I run Epic. It's just not okay. Here's hoping it's just a small little thing. I guess I'll just need to sleep as much as I can to make myself better. Here is an excuse to talk NyQuil ;) now I won't only be taking it to just make myself fall asleep....and I have only done that on a few occasions. Don't judge.

Moving on....Glenn Beck was pretty fantastic last night. I'm the type of person that can barely make it through a 15 minute talk, but he had me entertained for the whole 50ish minutes that he spoke. The time flew and the whole entire talk was incredible.

Why are you a Mormon? That was his question. Think about it...if you don't know, then you better figure it out. I think I'll be reading the Book of Mormon again. The fireside really was awesome. I don't even know what to say. Because he just had so many great things to say. The man sure does make you think though.

It is currently 91 degrees and I am in sweats. And I have been all day. Yep. Getting sick. Crap. I just can't seem to keep my mind off of that. So I'll just be thankful now...

#218...I am thankful for wipes and gloves. There were some seriously NASTY diapers today. And you bet I was beyond glad that I had gloves on when I was changing those diapers. And it definitely helps that we use wipes for babies too. Because I just don't know how great toilet paper would be in that case.

I find that some of the things I talk about lately are not a good reflection. All I talk about is sleeping babies, burping babies, pooping babies...I guess I do spend all day with multiple babies most of the time though. I need to get out more when I'm not at work. Maybe I'll have cooler things to talk about ;)

Kohn is going to cook some chicken cordon bleu for me and his brother, Shawn, tonight. I love this meal. So I'm pretty excited. The main thing I'm excited for though is that he will be cooking, and I don't have to cook dinner. I am going to find something productive to do with my time while he cooks though, something other than watching some TV show that I'm way too obsessed with. Mark my words.

Other than feeling under the weather, today has been a pretty good day. And I'm excited for all the days to come that I feel better and can really work on bettering myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment