Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Vacuuming Outside & Telling Time!

It's almost been a week, and here I am just writing again. I'm really good at falling behind. I've been working a lot though. Which is good, so I can't complain. Oh and with that, I have good news!

So, when I started the job at Best Friends I was hired as a temp. So that meant no benefits, no set hours, and all that stuff. Well...recently 30 contracted hours came open at work in the 1 year old classroom, and I applied. And....I got it! So, starting September 2nd I am contracted 30 hours each week! And I can get insurance! Which you can bet we will. Insurance will be awesome through the hospital! Oh, the perks of working for the hospital :) Anyway, I'm pretty excited!

Yesterday was a pretty long day. I got to work at 8, and then got to close, and we close at 6. But then we had a staff meeting which is from 6-8. Yes, I was there for 12 hours! That should be great for my paycheck! But still...it was a long time to be in that building! Good thing I enjoy being there! I actually clocked in at 7:55 in the morning and clocked out at 7:55 that night, haha so EXACTLY 12 hours.

I can't complain though because that long day was followed by my day off, today! :) And it's already been a pretty successful one. And it's just going to keep getting better. I have accomplished lots and still have lots to accomplish. Best feeling ever. I love crossing things off my to-do list. Because yes, I live by to-do lists! ;)

I get to babysit my cute little cousin, Erynn, tonight. She's like 7 or so weeks. And she is precious! It'll only be for a couple hours, but it'll be great! Every time I see Erynn there is tons of family there, so my holding baby time is limited. Not tonight :)

But, like I said, I have lots to do today so I should cut to the chase and be thankful.

#228...I am thankful for alarm clocks. My reason being, I am not the type of person to have an internal alarm clock, no matter how much I think about what time I need to wake up in the morning. It just doesn't happen for me. So I'm glad I have those annoying little buzzy things that tell me to wake up. Though I do hate when they go off.

#229...I am thankful for a vacuum. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy because I'm that girl that vacuums outside. It's true, this morning I vacuumed my welcome mat, and then all the twigs and stuff down around by our door. It was just so much more convenient than sweeping. And it didn't hurt anything. Plus, our entryway looks lots better than our neighbors ;)

#230...I am thankful for honest people. I love it when people can just say it how it is. Even if someone is going to get upset. Sometimes it's just gotta be done. Depending on the situation, I may or may not be able to just be blunt. So I'm thankful there are people that can. Like it or not, most of the time it solves problems quicker.

#231...I am thankful for picture messages. I think I would die if I didn't get a picture of my cute nephew, Jaxon, as often as I do. Especially since he's living in Spokane, Washington for the next 2 years :( I miss the little man. So at least I can see him through pictures!

#232...I am thankful for holidays. Because holidays bring families together, and they are a time to celebrate. Plus, they will also bring David, Angela, and Jaxon to Idaho :) Holiday's are just a happy time!

#233...I am thankful for clocks and things that tell time. I would be lost without them. I think even if telling time by the positioning of the sun was the only way to tell time and the only thing we knew I still wouldn't be able to do it. I'd be lost and always late for work...

I really do enjoy writing these thankful posts, they make me really think.

But now, I have to get ready for more things to be done today.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment