Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Whole Lot of Rambling!

I planned to blog yesterday...but yesterday was just crazy. I worked 8-5 and then went and took care of a little business, then made it home for some dinner, and then I was off to my "More Than Babysitting" class from 6:30-9. It's a dang good thing the teacher is good and I actually enjoy the class...otherwise it would be no fun. It's awesome because my teacher has her own preschool and she just started it from scratch not too long ago, so I stayed after to talk to her. She gave me some great ideas, and my gosh, it's definitely not going to be as hard as I thought! The hardest thing will be to get people to know about me and all that jazz! So....one day, it will happen. But not until my hubby man and myself are settled. Because I obviously couldn't do a preschool in our apartment, and I obviously don't want to open one if I know we're just going to be moving soon anyway. So yeah...it was great to talk to her.

Can I just tell you how EXCITED I am that tomorrow is Friday!? Yeah...I am pumped. I am more than ready for the weekend. And I am more than ready for what I get to do this weekend! Yes...spa day! Finally! It was my fantastic graduation present from my amazing husband! :) Whoop! Oh and Kohn also made my day yesterday by telling me we are going to Kentucky next month! Oh yes! I love Kentucky and did not expect to go back so soon! Like definitely not this soon, we were only there in December! But I'm not complaining! You see....

Kohn baptized a lady named Edna Haas, who is 83, while on his mission. She is going through the temple on May 8th to receive her endowments. And we get to be there with her! I didn't get to meet her last time we were in Kentucky so I am excited to meet her at such a special time! I guess we didn't see her last time we went because she is actually in Indiana. Part of Kohn's mission went into Indiana too. So last time we were in Lexington and this time we'll be in Indiana. And Kentucky. We'll spend a day in the Greenville area, and then some in Lexington, and then of course we'll be in Indiana! I think I've got it right...I don't know. Kohn is the planner of these trips. He knows best this time around.

The temple we'll be going to is the Louisville, Kentucky temple...I have never seen it. This is what it looks like...

I'm excited!

Anyway...I will get to my thankfulness now.

#108...I am thankful that I can see change in myself when it happens. And that seeing that motivates me to change other things as well. I can see myself becoming more patient with the kids. And just becoming more able to deal with conflict with them and help them figure things out. It is the best feeling when I see a kid go and apologize to their friend. For example, I have two precious two year olds that like to be violent. When the time comes for apologies they will walk up to each other, or whoever it is they have to apologize to, and give them a great big hug! I love it! It makes me smile every time, it never gets old! Anyway...so I guess I also with that am thankful that I can make a difference for them and teach them good things, and it's because I can be patient with them and teach them what they need to know and do. Hmmm...that one got all boggled up, but I am thankful for all that I mentioned there!

#109...I am thankful for music and how easily it can relax me. After being in a basement full of screaming, bawling, growling (and the list goes on) kids...listening to some good music is like eating a piece of red velvet cake....so incredibly wonderful! And music makes it not so quiet. I'm not much of a TV person...I could easily live without TV. In fact I did when I was living in Rexburg going to school there. Anyway...the point=I don't turn the TV on very often. So it would be really quiet without the music playing because my husband isn't home. He's at baseball practice.

I'm about to become a baseball widow and I'm excited about it. I'm so excited for summer and all the baseball games Kohn will play and all that great stuff! Come watch him at the Blue Sox field in Smithfield! :) 

I'm also pretty excited to go to soccer games to watch my champion nieces and nephew! We went to their first ones last Saturday and they all did great! Plus I got to hog Roxie because everyone else was just too into the games ;) don't tell...but, I think my favorite thing about the games is getting that Roxie time! ;) and of course I love watching Cole, Alijah, and Hallie all be champs! And it's always entertaining to hear Breklyn yelling at Pappa about her orange dress that isn't purple! :) I've got some pretty great family! 

I also want to get some summer crafts done so....Jean, Shannon...let's decide! :)

I've obviously got nothing better to do while Kohn is gone...actually I could be typing my essays for my CDA...but I'll get to it later..... :)

Happy Thursday! It's almost the weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment