Saturday, April 28, 2012

Family First

Long time, no type. I've been sick and just feeling blah, so I haven't really been up to much of anything...other than running a ridiculous 5k...what was I thinking? Okay, so we registered for the 5k before I got sick, so I can justify it that way. And it was a pricier 5k because it was a fundraiser, so I wasn't about to skip the race and "blow" that money...though it wouldn't really be blowing it because it's going towards a good cause...anyway. We ran "Color For Tessa" at American West Heritage Center, and it really was a good run. Other than the mud. Twice. For about a quarter of a mile both times. Which isn't long. But in mud, it is long. And it adds up to half a mile in mud. Mud. Aye. Talk about adding weight during your run. Anyway. It was a good experience all in all, especially because I knew I was running for a good cause. I think the fundraiser was pretty successful so that is always nice....moving on---

Kohn has a baseball game in an hour and I'm excited! Except I'm not excited about the cold weather, and I'm not excited that I'm miserable with achy legs and headaches and sinus problems. Okay really, I'm done complaining now. I really am excited to go watch my hubby do what he loves! Oh summer is going to be full of baseball, and it's going to be great!

I think I'll now be thankful so this doesn't end up too long and so I can get ready to leave.

#114...I am thankful that my husband takes such good care of me. When I woke up sick on Tuesday morning I had an earache thrown into the whole mix of things, so Kohn went and looked on the internet how to help an earache. I don't know about you but I think that is pretty darn sweet of him. Such a cute husband.

#115...I am thankful for the CDA class I have recently taken. Did I already mention that like a week ago? Probably. But let me say more. It has taught me how to not be burnt out in childcare, and how to take care of myself while still taking care of the kids, and it just taught me a lot of great things that I didn't realize I didn't know already but did need to know. I know that taking what I've learned is definitely going to make things a lot more enjoyable and successful for me.

#116...I am thankful that my husband pushes me. On Thursday night when Kohn came home from baseball practice I had an emotional moment. Just about...well, everything. He sat down with me, talked to me about it, figured things out with me...and then this is where the pushing me comes in. He made me feel better than made me go out and run with him in the dark. He wasn't going to be feeling bad for me. I sure love him.

#117...I am thankful for all the lectures I've been receiving from important people in my life. It helps me to make better decisions and to know I am doing good things. In the last two days I have never realized so much that "family is first" and that's what I really need to think about when making choices.

#118...I am thankful for energetic little kids that just brighten a room. When we ran the 5k today there was a little girl that ran in with A LOT of people when they reached the finish line. She would run someone in and then go back and find the next person and bring them in. It was so fun to watch her and she had so much energy, and I know she made finishing the race a lot easier for so many people. I don't even know who she is but she made my day.

Now that I am all caught up after several days of slacking...I am going to go enjoy my Saturday night at the Blue Sox field.

No comments:

Post a Comment