Monday, September 3, 2012

Goals.

So much for writing my goal every Sunday...good thing that wasn't a goal (yet) otherwise I would have already failed from the very beginning. I think that's why I'm going to make my first couple sets of goals super easy...so that they can be done. And I'll gradually make them more "challenging" as I get better at them.

But just so we know, I didn't have any time on Sunday to write on the blog. It was a fun filled Turnbow kind of day. And I think we both would rather have been playing Werewolves and Shanghai than sitting at home having him watch TV and me writing a blog. So I am okay with it.

So with that said....here are my 3 goals:

Food: We'll start simple. And count my calories. Get a good idea on the amount of food I'm eating regularly. So yes, the goal is to track my calories all week.

Fitness: At LEAST 30 minutes of exercise every day. Ever since EPIC exercise hasn't really been my friend and I kind of left it. So we'll slowly get back to spending more time with it.

Misc: Take a picture every day this week. Earlier today Kohn and I were laying in bed looking at old pictures (well, I was looking at the pictures, he was playing on his iPad) but, the point is...I enjoyed looking back on the pictures and I want pictures to look back on all the time. So. We're going to get back into our picture taking habit. And even if it's nothing exciting, we're going to make sure we take a picture every day this week. This week should be an easy one to do it, because we do have some fun stuff going on this week, actually. BUT, to sum it up, the goal is to take a picture every day.

Okay, so there are my goals. Yay. I will report on Sunday. I swear it. And then from there the goals will go from Sunday to Sunday rather than from Monday to Sunday. My first week is an easy one. Let's see how I do.

Now, we will be thankful...

#242...I am thankful for the cleaning kick I've had lately. We had a pretty successful day on Saturday cleaning our apartment up, organizing things, and making more space for ourselves. It had been a while since I'd had any kind of motivation to be honest, so it was definitely nice.

#243...I am thankful that the grocery store is so close to our apartment and doesn't close til 1 am. Why? Because I was making a dessert for the baby blessing and it failed miserably. I just don't know sticky, marshmallow desserts. So, I had to run to the store to get some oats to make some no bake cookies. At least I can make those.

#244...I am thankful for cameras. Ya know, they capture all those fantastic memories you never want to forget. I just really need to learn to use mine again.

#245...I am thankful for a big crazy family. I'm sure we're overwhelming to people who aren't used to us. But  we have fun.

#246...I am thankful that every day is a new day. A new day to try something new and to sort of "start over". I feel like this is one I've mentioned before, along with many others, but oh well. I guess I'm just really thankful for it.

Now I'm all caught up on thankfulness, and holy cow it's September. Just like 4ish months til Christmas ;) which is really close to New Years...and then that means I have to find an actual "point" to this blog...better get thinking eh? :)

Well, I'm off to find that cleaning motivation again, because we've still got some work to do around here.

Happy Labor Day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment