Sunday, September 9, 2012

Goals and Marriages

Oh what a failure I am, and how embarrassed I am to write this post. What a crazy, busy week...I suppose that shouldn't justify my goal failure, but I'm trying to make it work. Okay recap...

My goals were:

Fitness: Work out for 30 minutes each day. Well...we just had a lot of Thedell family stuff going on all week because Shawn is in the process of moving to Colorado right this second, so it was our last week all together. So, I didn't work out EVERY DAY but I did work out maybe 3/6....oh my that is terrible. Someone kick me.

Food: Count my calories every day. I didn't do too terribly at this one. I always counted my breakfast and snacks and most lunches, but when we didn't eat at home it was hard for me to do all the work to add up all the calories, and besides that who would have wanted to find the time to count them when you are enjoying family time? Right? I counted what I could. And that's good for something....I think.

Misc: Take a picture every day. And of course I didn't do too hot here either. I took a picture Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So 3/6 again. But that's better than what I've done. I just have a real issue of taking pictures with me in them...

Here, I'll show you the pictures I took...

 We were getting ready to head out for the night and we found a pretty dove that let us go right up close, it was pretty cool we thought.
 We didn't find the BYU "Y" to be appropriate ;)
 Having a good ol' time at the USU vs Utah game. Which was an awesome win for us! 
 These were the shirts we were sporting! 

So there was a picture from Wednesday that I didn't add cause it was just stupid, but I'll have you know that Shawn took a good amount of pictures for us at the Brigham City Temple so I think that should count enough ;) 

Well even though I failed at this weeks goals, I'm not going to just quit it now. Practice makes perfect eh? So this time around I'll altar my goals...here they are.

Fitness: Run. After Epic I just kind of stopped my running. Well shoot, I love running so what's up with that? I can't just start next summer to try to get ready for Epic again, I've always gotta be training cause it's a tough little thing, Epic is. So. I will run 3 days this week, and then cross train the other 3. I got this...

Food: I had to ponder on this for a bit...but, my goal will be to count calories again. But this time, I won't miss a beat. Wish me luck.

Misc: Keep the sink empty. This has been a real problem for us all our marriage, we just hate dishes ;) so my goal is to keep the dishes going this week and not let them pile up :) 

Alright, here we go folks, let's see if we've got this in the bag, or not so much. I'm so embarrassed for this last week so maybe that will help motivate me this week. 

Well this is already pretty lengthy, so I will just wait to be thankful til later tonight, and then I'll write another post. Or something. But let me just tell you about this week real quick...

Or I'll just start on Thursday...so we were having a family dinner for us to all meet Shawn's girlfriend, who would later be his fiance, and then in May be his wife. Well, I was late for this dinner, and Kohn kept telling me to hurry because I was in for a big surprise. Well I thought that maybe Shawn was just going to propose tonight, or that Shannon was having a baby, or something...but no, it was neither of them. 

I walk into the house and Hallie comes up to me, whispers that "Shawn is married" and then I kind of freak out a little inside. I ask Kohn and Shannon and Shannon's like "No, she just thinks that since he's with a girl." Well that was a logical explanation for a 1st grader. 

But no, Hallie was right, Shawn walks in with Jen and goes "This is my wife, Jen." I didn't know what to say. I thought they were lying, and then after 5 minutes of back and forth I finally believed them. They had gotten married that afternoon up Logan Canyon. It was all kind of crazy to take in, but that's alright because we love Jen. And her cleanliness will be good for Shawn ;) haha! 

Anyway this week was pretty exciting, we celebrated Jean's birthday yesterday and we got her a pretty special Justin Bieber birthday card with her present. Breklyn sure loved it, so I guess if Mama didn't then Brek can keep it ;) 

Maybe this just seems longer cause of the pictures, but either way I need to be done. Time to get ready for churchy church. And primary shouldn't be too bad today, we didn't have to prepare a lesson because we're spending class time practicing for the primary program next week. 

We're thinking of a student ward lately...we'll have to see. 

Anyways, I'm really finishing now, everyone have a great Sunday!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment