Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Thing...

I'm bored this lovely Sunday evening...it would probably be a wise choice to head to bed early, but I think I'll pass...

I mentioned that we were going to go to the student ward today, well let's be honest, going at 1:30 is tough stuff. We came up with excuses such as "next week is conference, we may as well just wait til the week after conference" "if we go to church we won't get out til 4:30 and won't be able to spend as much time with family" and so forth and so on. But then we finally came to an agreement and decided we'd just go to sacrament meeting then ditch. Hey...it's better than not going at all right ;)

Well, we showed up at 1:15, just to make sure we got the right ward and the right chapel, because the church has 2 chapels. Well...we had the right chapel but the wrong ward---Kohn has a friend that lives like 4 blocks away from us, so we assumed we'd probably be in the same student ward as him, and he starts at 4:30. No. OUR ward starts at 9:30. So we missed our whole entire ward. So, instead of going to sacrament in a random ward, we just left. We should really work on that, eh? :)

We'll be better after conference week.... ;) we're actually going to try to go to conference.

I work 7:30-6 Monday-Wednesday, and then have Thursday off. And Thursday I'm going to go to Grace and see my NICOLE! :) And her cute baby bump :) and give her her present! Because I won't be able to make it to her baby shower! Boo. But at least I get to see her on my day off! :) Then Friday I work 7:30-5 and then we'll be on our way to Provo for the USU/BYU game! We were supposed to go to a mission reunion. I'm pumped! Then (if Tyler wasn't so hard to get ahold of!) we are planning on staying with him and my cousin, Michelle! Then going to the zoo on Saturday! And I want to see Erin! My other cute friend with a baby bump :) And on Sunday, as I said, we're going to try to go to conference in the morning.

So, I feel like I spend most of my blogging time updating on goals and telling about my thankfuls. Well yes, this is the "point" of my blog, but I think I'll just take right now to update on our life.

Kohn goes to school in the morning and then works all day. Then he comes home and eats, sometimes he even cooks dinner, and then does more homework. And then sleeps. As for me, I go to work, and live there all day, and then come home and cook, and then if it's a good day I'll go workout...and clean. And then sleep.

Okay, that was boring, maybe that's why I never update on our lives! ;) Though it sounds ridiculously boring, and it can be, we still have a pretty great life! We live for the weekends when we get to do fun things and go to USU football games! The USU/BYU football game is on our 11 month mark, and we joked that if it was our year mark we'd probably still be going to the game! We love football!

Let's see, family updates! I think I mentioned it, Shawn got married at the beginning of the month, to Jen, and we all love her! And JR and Shanna set a date for their wedding! The day after Thanksgiving! Boy, things can sure change in one year!

Love is sure in the air a lot...Kohn is on the couch on the laptop watching TV and I am here on our desktop typing this. We are boring. Lots of love eh? ;) But really, I still love the crap out of him!

I remember saying that I was going to take up crocheting as my new "thing" but that's not really going anywhere cause I can only do one stitch. I'm sure I could do others if I took the time to teach myself, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. Good thing it was a cheap hobby... ;) I think I want to take voice lessons. And that could be from all the watching of "X Factor" I've been doing. But really, Kohn tells me nice things about my voice (I don't really want to boast) but he says I'm good enough to be heard. I'll only sing for him.

That's something most people don't know about me, that I love to sing! Always have! And like I said, I will only sing for Kohn! Maybe he's just being a nice husband when he says I'm good enough to be heard by others, but then again, Kohn is not like that. He would tell me if I sucked, in the nicest way possible, and I would think it was sweet ;) the kid has a way with words!

Anyway, I really just wanted to write a little blog post! And mainly avoid those cookies sitting on the counter ;)

Sometimes it's fun to just write, without having to worry about what things to talk about being thankful for and things like that! It's especially nice to not have to worry about feeling guilty as I type about my failed attempts at goals ;) I'm slowly getting better though, oh so slowly!

One day I will be a trophy wife.....BAHAHA.

Tomorrow is the start to yet another week of our fabulous lives...I hope you all enjoy it as much as I will ;)

P.S. We got home from Weston tonight and had a plate of cookies on our doorstep with a "Thank You" card! I thought it was going to be from the Primary presidency, but it was actually from one of our primary students....I cried. I'll miss those little chickens. But this is the right thing.

Anyway...for real this time.

Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment