Monday, February 27, 2012

Good, Good Life! Here's To You!

Miracle of all miracles...it's 9:20 and we can go to bed. This NEVER happens. We're always doing homework or still at the gym. Hmmm...it's amazing what not procrastinating can do. I got home from work and started dinner the second I walked in. And then the second Kohn walked in it was done and we ate. Then we spent about an hour and a half on homework, and then we headed to the gym for about an hour, plus some. Now we are here. And we can go to bed. So, I decide to get on here instead. Haha. Go figure. No worries though, I'll get this done and then hit the sheets. I need the sleep to make it through the week. For some reason I just feel like it's gonna be a crazy one.

Oh good news...Saturday night I made Kohn stay up super late cleaning with me. I may have already mentioned this? Oh well. But yeah...we stayed up until the apartment was spotless because I was SICK of living in a mess. So yeah, we did that. And now the apartment is clean and that definitely helps me stay motivated to get stuff done when I get home from work. I don't know how it motivates me, but it does. So wahoo. Now...so I can stick to going to bed at a decent time, I will be thankful for the 56th and 57th time.

#56...I am thankful that I have a crafty husband. I'm not a very crafty person myself, but I'm trying to be! I probably need to try harder...but anyway. Sunday turned into craft day! Shannon got some cute St. Patrick's Day blocks and we made a clover and some blocks that are going to say "Lucky". Now my point...Kohn helped me A LOT. I painted, ya know, cause that's simple. But he helped with mod podge, and sanding and he was shaping our wood all nicely for us and he was just great. I think as I seek out my crafty side he will be good to have by my side...but of course he'll always be good to have by my side :) you get the point...

#57...I am thankful that I have it so good. Sometimes I whine and gripe and act like I can't go on...blah blah blah, just being dramatic really, but I have it dang good compared to most. I have a husband who loves me and will always be my best friend and be by my side, I have amazing family all around me, I have a job that I LOVE, I have the incredible Gospel, and so much more amazing things! A really fantastic person I know was telling me today that sometimes they just want to give up, and they just want to throw in the towel. This person definitely has more reason than I do to ever think those thoughts...but the important thing is that she doesn't, she doesn't quit. She keeps pushing through every day. She makes a great friend and a wonderful single mother to her three young kids. I get to have some great conversations with her every day, and it makes me feel good that she trusts me enough to talk to me about her tough times right now. Her name is Amber, I work with her at day care, and I am so glad I met her. Heavenly Father definitely had lessons for me to learn from her. So I am also thankful for her. She's got some lucky little chickies to have a mom like her!

Alright, off my soap box now and into my warm bed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment