Thursday, January 19, 2012

And This Is How The Story Goes...

Wa-hoooooooo!!!! :) Blessings, blessings, blessings! Everywhere! It's crazy to think that about 2 weeks ago we were freaking out about monies a little bit, and now we are sitting as comfortably as we can at this point in our lives! I can see how everything clear back in October plays into the right things happening!

#19, I am thankful that things happen the way the Lord wants them to. And even more thankful that I can see it all playing out...

I got a full time job at ICON in October, of course I picked ICON because of Kohn (let's be honest), it was miserable. Miserable enough that I searched alllllll over for something new. I got on the utah.gov sight or whatever and looked for job openings! I came across a day care position. I e-mailed my resume and got to be interviewed! I didn't hear back from her the day she said she would make her decision by, so I called her. She liked that and had me come in for a follow-up and wanted to see how I interacted with the kids. At that follow-up interview she offered me the job. It was part-time and not as much pay as I got with my ICON job,  but Kohn didn't want me to be miserable so we figured things would work out. So I took the job. I worked full-time the month of December, up until the 16th, because then we went to Kentucky, and then it was Christmas break. In January I was supposed to start my part-time. The first week back I ended up working full-time, the next week I was full-time again because the head teacher was sick, and then this week, I've worked fulled time 2 days, plus tomorrow. Next week I should be set to be part time the whole week, and then the next week I'm full-time the whole week, and then after that....the rest of always (well for as long as I work there). Why? Because I am taking the full time head teacher position! Of course it is sad to see the head teacher leave, but it really is a blessing for Kohn and I! I'll be bringing in double what I would have brought in part-time! I get paid holidays, so the whole week of our spring break, I get paid for not working! And I get the personal days and all those perks! And I'm going in the direction I want to with my "career" per se! It's going to still help me get my CDA and to have this experience will look good on resumes when we move away for Kohn to go to graduate school!

I won't lie, I am a bit nervous about juggling it all. But I can make it happen. There will be working 8-5, sometimes 5:30/6ish, 12 online credits, preschool lesson plans, Epic training etc etc! And my Kohn and family! Life will be soooo busy until I graduate in April! But I can make it happen. It'll be nice because finals week is the week of spring break, so that will be good for my stress levels! Ah, I'm just sort of overwhelmed right now but I am SO excited!

Anyway, I can see the outline of it all working out, and I seriously love it! I am nervous for the transition but I know it'll be good! Yipee!!!

Oh I'm so ready for the weekend! One more day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment