Saturday, January 7, 2012

Family Matters

Alrighty-roo...I realize I forgot to post yesterday. Shame on me! But I had good reason. And that reason brings me right into what I choose to be thankful for yesterday...

Family. We got home from work and went out and had a little Texas Roadhouse and off to Weston we went. We went to celebrate Grandpa Turnbow's birthday! Had a little cake and ice cream, chit chatted with the fam and then we were headed back home. Sure it wasn't a lot of time spent, but at least we got to see them! Better than nothing I always say! I love that we all have families to feel special with and to love! The most precious thing happened the other day at day care. I was holding little Luke just cuddling up with him when his brother walked through the door to pick him up. When Luke gets the TV on in front of him nothing can take his eyes off of it and I mean NOTHING. So, his brother walks on, so I whisper in Luke's ear "Luke, look who is here...it's your brother" as soon as I said "brother" his eyes lit up, he stopped watching the TV and got reallllllly excited and yelled "bruva" his way of saying "brother"! He ran up to him and jumped in his arms. It was so cute. Also, we have sisters at the day care. Jordyn is 5 and Allie is 2. Jordyn is such a good sister to Allie. Whenever Allie cries Jordyn goes right to taking care of her. She is always watching out for her. During nap time Allie seems to have a really hard time going down. She sleeps by Jordyn. Most of the time Allie will start crying and she'll cry out "Jojo"! Then Jordyn will reach over and hold Allie's hand til she falls asleep! I seriously love their relationship! Family is the best!

Okay, so now it is a new day. And so now I choose something to be thankful for today. I choose lazy days! Yes, that is right! We all need them every once in a while! I had a long week. I was supposed to start part time this week and had mentally prepared myself for it but I ended up being needed full time all week, so I did it. And school started. And I didn't have as much time to do all my school work for the week because of working full time. So there was basically a lot of lack of sleep. Today was lazy, and it was needed. We woke up around 8:45, I made Kohn some breakfast, and he was off to ref some basketball games. I ate some breakfast and read a blog I've been completely obsessed with lately. Then I took the next few hours to sit in bed and do my homework. So doing homework isn't exactly lazy, but the way I was doing it was. So I finished everything up and then Kohn and I went and got some fro-yo! Then we came back and made a grocery list and off to the grocery store we went! Oh and I might add that we did all of this in our sweats...me with no make up and unbrushed hair. Then around 5:15 we were getting ready to put dinner together, and just as we were getting ready to start my sister-in-law Shannon called and asked if we wanted to go eat at Pizza Pie Cafe with them. Well, how could we say no?! No cooking? More laziness? Sweet. So we went to Pizza Pie Cafe, still in our sweats, but don't worry...I brushed my hair before we left. Then we planned on heading back to the apartment and getting some cleaning up done. But instead we went to the Aggie game. Good times, good times. Now we are just sitting on the couch...continuing to be lazy. Gotta love the lazy days. I can't let it become too much of a habit though, because today really was pretty great. Now I'm just feeling super tired and ready for bed. So ya know what? I think I'll probably hit the sheets! I need all the rest I can get because Epic training starts Monday! Exercise and eating! Oh goodness! If anyone knows of good runners diets LET ME KNOW PLEASE! I once had one, and had it down good. But now I've forgotten it! Haha. So help a friend out! Thanks. Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment