Tuesday, January 17, 2012

...I Believe...

"Oh I could throw a snowball 29 miles, that's a normal size snowball. If I were to throw a tiny snowball I could throw it like 60 miles!!!!!!!" Yes, those were the words of one of the kindergartners! I love what faith he has in himself. What would it be like to have that faith again? I remember when I was his age and thought I could do ANYTHING. Oh the good old days.

#17...I am thankful for confidence, for childlike faith, and the ability to believe in ourselves. I struggle with it most days, but it is such a refreshing feeling when I actually feel like I can do something that I really want to accomplish. It has been good for me to be working at the day care, to hear the little kids talk about all that they think they can do, it makes me evaluate things and think about what I can do. And it really makes me think, and oddly enough it makes me believe in myself. When kids say they can fly and what not we just smile and nod, knowing they won't fly....but the way they believe it makes me want to believe in myself for something amazing too. I don't know...I feel like I'm not making sense. But I know what I'm trying to say! :)

There could possibly be some changes coming my way Friday that will be a bit of a strain on me...so I've got to have that confidence in myself. I guess I just need a little more time spent with the kids...to help me believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment