Friday, January 13, 2012

Priesthood Power

Oh mother of pearl who is glad it's Friday?!?!? Cause I know I sure am! After sitting with the 1 year olds for 20 minutes to fall asleep for nap, and laying with one of the 4 year olds for 50 minutes until he fell asleep, I am ready for a break, FOR SURE. Thank you weekend for making your appearance! Oh goodness I just remembered some good ol homework I have to get done before midnight...it should be fun. Ha. But I'm going to spend the evening with my husband first, because I can. Then I'll allow myself to stress about the homework, but only a little bit. Anyways...lots to do, so the blog is going to be short tonight.

Today is the 13th...so #13 is priesthood blessings! Life happens ya know, sometimes people face trials that others are not even one bit aware of, and sometimes they just break. Well it's safe to say it happens to ALL of us, including myself. I'll spare the details, but tonight I broke. And what did my amazing husband do? He held me, he comforted me, and he talked to me about how it would be okay. Then he told me to go pray and plead with Heavenly Father. So I did. And I felt better. Then he came and sat with me for a minute and asked if I'd like a blessing. I didn't even think of asking. I need to remember that amazing opportunity I have to get a blessing from my husband whenever I need. I am so blessed to have a husband that can give a blessing at any given moment, because he is worthy to do so. I can't imagine not having that in my life. 

Priesthood blessings are powerful things my friends. And priesthood holders are here to give them. So don't be afraid to ask, and don't forget to ask either. They are amazing blessings and they really do make all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment