Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Work, work, work...all day long!

All day, errryday, we work, work, work. My work is definitely a lot more enjoyable than Kohn's work though. Or so I say. The kids had so many moments today. But I love them nonetheless. This job is good for me, because it makes me less afraid to do "motherly" things. Like...putting my hand in a babies mouth to get a googly eye ball out, holding a tissue while a 2 year old blows an extremely "boogery" nose, and helping another 2 year old get his "too big caakie" out of his mouth before he chokes. I also wipe bums without getting grossed out, deal with slobber all over my pants, and yummy kisses on my nose. I have such a glamorous job! ;) But being called "mommy" and being told you're loved makes up for it all!

You guessed it...today I am going to be thankful for our jobs! I'm thankful I found mine, when it was the last type of job I expected to get at this time of my life! And getting this job has helped shape my future, and I am stoked! I also am thankful for Kohn's job cause he brings in the bigger check. He gets more hours and such. In fact, he got home about a half hour ago. That's right. He worked 3 hours past the time he is supposed to get off. It'll be good for his pay check though. I have to be thankful, even though I missed him tonight! It was a good thing I guess though, because I had no choice but to be focused on school. Last semester folks, let's hope I can find some motivation. Anyway...I'm glad Kohn can have a job cause it means I can have a treadmill. And I love me my treadmill. This brings me to my update on resolutions...

-I am starting to train for Epic! Wahoo! I am so ecstatic that Haley and I really decided to put a team together and do it! The treadmill is good because I did my first bit of training today. You see I've been working out pretty good with the hubby this week, my arms are soooo sore, and my core (I guess) but I haven't been running. Because I have this nasty cold and can't really breath, so running distances isn't really much of an option. Anyway, the cold is still here, but it's gradually going away. So I decided to try to run tonight. I got a 5k in, not a beautiful time, but it was a start. So I guess I can say the training has officially started for Epic.
-The bed has been made every morning thus far!
-My bathroom is still clean!
-Kohn and I haven't missed a prayer yet!
-I find work a lot more enjoyable because I am playing with the kids because I am showing them more patience!
-I keep finding great things for my preschool lessons coming up in a few weeks!

Things seems to be going pretty great. My biggest goal is the weight. I'm going to weigh every Friday...so we'll see how things go. I need to work on my eating habits...oh food. No bueno. I suppose the Epic training should definitely help with this goal as well! So yay for that! Anyway...I'm still thankful, and I'm still loving life with my best friend...my hubby, Kohn! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment